Fuji's Crash

Andy

I was stood right at it. Down a steep bank into a river. Didn't lift the front wheel quite soon enough. The plan was to get a nice "water splash" photo. This wasn't the kind of splash I had in mind!

post-20-1152541308.jpg

He got up pretty quickly, but I think we all would with an unexpected bath like that! He did look hurt pretty badly at the time so major credit to him to go on and win. I saw him after the event and it looks like he has bruised down his side, but we saw him at Krakow airport today and he seems fine. As for the bike? It started no problem and was ridden out of the section by one of the minders.

He seemed to take quite some time to recover and i certainly thought at the time that it may have been an early retirement. However he got on with the job in hand and I was pleased to see him on top of the podium, although it did go to a Steward's enquiry..........

Funnily enough the rider who appealed against the result was lucky himself not to be penalised for a five in section 2, when his handlebar appeared to touch the floor, Tony Bou had done the same thing a few minutes before a recieved a five.

I saw Fujigas later on in the paddock, with his lovely daughter, he was all smiles and showed no sign of any pain or discomfort.

Edited by Cota Kid