Veiws On Presure Washers?

Guest sherco dude

what do you think of using them on bikes?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think of using them on bikes?

• there great for bikes!
    • i would never use one!
    • i would only us it for half the bike not the paintwork!
    • i love them soo much!
    • anyone who uses one is stupid!
    • i just dont care!

their great if you have got a compressor to get all the water out from all the bearings otherwise they are crap just use a powerfull hose and some pro clean + soapy water for the stuborn bits of mud and rub it with a sponge and it does not force eney water into your air box

I got 1, never use it on the bike though. I used to, but found that it blew my bearings out and so I whiched to normal hose.

Although they are exellent when you come back from the trial and the bike is plastered in mud and the pressure washer just blasts it straight off.

Normal hose suits me fine though.

Jeysus lads......If you're going to the expense of buying a washer use your heads and buy one with variable pressure. No ruining wheel or suspension bearings, no blowing stickers or coatings off plastics. Been using them for years, never had problems, just drop the pressure back. Even on a low pressure they still are much better than a hose.

Agree with stu, lower the pressure or keep a good distance away......How can you get your bike clean with just a normal hose?? it must take forever! :rolleyes:

I've had an Karcher electric washer for the past 12 years and it's still going strong.......

People will have different opinions as depending where you ride some mud cleans off easier than other.

Where I live a pressure washer is a must. However when I used to ride a lot around Matlock area I never needed to use it.

• 3 weeks later...