No Usa Round For 2007?

sir dabs alot

I was just looking at the standings after the GB round on Trialsonline.com when I noticed the provisional schedule for the 2007 year. The was no US round listed. Is that the way it will be or just maybe not?

Anyone know?

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I could find anything on it.

So you'd rather be in Guatemala than New Zeland? Come on live a little explore a different continent. I'm just torked because no world round in 07. Out of curiousity does anyone know the bike sale numbers in Guatemala vs the U.S.? What is the reason ($$) for a world round there?

I was told a couple of years ago at the Duluth world round ,that for some reason the euros look at south america as a untapped market.I do not think they relize how poor most of these countries really are.Gautamala had 2,000 murders in 2002,this out of a total of 12 million people.JR

Don't quite understand the logic when you take into account location, ammenities, cost, and number of potential spectators. Why do you think TTC did all the improvements without having mulit year options. Is it simply not worth it? Maybe Dan can add some perspective from his end and Andy can you add some insight on why Guatemala.

Terry

I don't want you to think I've ignored this topic so...

I've got to know the FIM Trials guys well and it's a relationship I want to continue and to grow. As such, I don't think it's my place to comment. Things have been talked about when I've been present, but I don't think it's right for me to publicise them. We very often stay in the same hotels and I don't want them thinking they have to watch what they say because I'm there - what happens on the road, stays on the road. Trials Central policy. I'd suggest you contact the FIM directly. Sorry, but I don't want to spoil a good relationship and the trust I currently enjoy with them.

I'm not peed about TTC not having the event next year. It is what it is, we probably couldn't do it every year without burning out all our volunteers anyway. We'll come back again in 08.

What I am kinda peed about is that the U.S. should be on the calendar every year for a world championship. This shouldn't be a European championship with 2 fly-away rounds. But I think that it is up to us to build the sport in North America to the point where our market can't be ignored. The TTC can't make this happen alone. You can be sure that if the manufacturers demanded an event in the U.S., there would be one.

And I don't fault the folks in Guatemaula, they are trying to build the sport there just like we are.

Look for some great happenings at TTC in 07, we'll still have a big schedule of trials events with maybe a focus on participation rather than spectating. And in 08 we'll have the best world round ever.

dan