No Usa Round For 2007?

sir dabs alot

I'm with Dan on this!

We have failed to make the sport grow here in the USA by design! It's our own fault we are a 3rd world trials nation. We not only let down ourselves we let down the whole world and the manufacturers, the USA was potentually the biggest market on the planet. Yet the NATC decided on a NO GROWTH/NO SALES program for the sport in the USA.

Now the FIM is forced to look elsewhere for trials growth, to China and other developing nations. Hey, at least in central America I can watch Trials GPs on Television. All I see on US television is NASCAR. All you guys who want to keep the sport small can take the fall for not having a US trials GP every year.

I do agree with Dan that 2 rounds outside the United States of Europe dons't really make a world championship. The EU is one country, like the United States is one country with differnt states joined together. Why are the Europeans allowed a round in almost every state each year. There should only be only one United States of Europe round per year. Then the rest of the rounds spred all around the world. Even if the number of rounds is reduced.

I find the unfair advantage the FIM has given the riders of the United States of Europe a little short sighted.

Edited by Mich Lin

I do agree with Dan that 2 rounds outside the United States of Europe dons't really make a world championship. The EU is one country, like the United States is one country with differnt states joined together. Why are the Europeans allowed a round in almost every state each year. There should only be only one United States of Europe round per year. Then the rest of the rounds spred all around the world. Even if the number of rounds is reduced.

It most certainly is not .... btw I'm not anti EU but I dont want a Federated Euope thank you much

Just because your America doesn't give you the right to hold a World Round. The British mainland didn't have one for five years. England haven't had a World Cup (football) for 40 years, whereas in this time its been to Amercia, Mexico twice, Germany twice and Japan to name a few.

No doubt the reasons why Guatemala have been chosen will become apparent, but its sad to see people running down the country.

Except the decision and move on. WTC will return to the USA.

Before you all assume its a done deal lets just see what the implications are, for example how is a privateer to get a bike to guatemala and what would be the cost?

How many non usa riders were there at the TTC? My guess is that it will be a manufacturers decisoion, and if they take your bike (no importers?) it will cost thousands!

Craig - you can make the enquiry and post your outcome with no hassle whatsoever. I just don't want to say anything that may have been said to me or in front of me "off the record"

Dan - "I think that it is up to us to build the sport in North America to the point where our market can't be ignored." That, in my personal opinion, completely sums it up. How you do it, I don't know, but I'm sure Lane will tell us :blink:

Lane - You're talking total bollox.