Gas War

copemech

Some of us may travel as much as 3000 miles to reach an event, so read this!

A pretty simple plan to take the power back. I'm in.

Read on....Subject: GAS WAR!

Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer. Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea: This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going

around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gaso line priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.60 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to

think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50- $1.75, we need to take

aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace....not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas

come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas!

And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our

cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas

prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gaso line

from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they

are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers.

It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION

consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friend s each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician.

But I am ... so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten

more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably

be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you I didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN . THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not understand how this idea will change demand.But if I could make a dime on each one of those e mails sent I'd sign up in a flash.I will catch hell for this but...as Americans we pay very little for our petro chemicals.How much of what you pay for a gallon of gas is tax vs. actual cost?It has been National policy for years to keep the flow of crude uninterupted and cheap,they have done a good job of it.For me the real world solution is a smaller pick up,dump the gas guzzling F-250! :rolleyes:

It sounds to me like one of those daft "forward this to everyone in your address book" emails that 90% of people will delete purely because they're sick of "forward this to everyone in your address book" emails.

However, back to the fuel - I paid 79.7p per litre for petrol today. That's $1.48 at todays rates.

1 litre = 0.26 US gallon. Lets call it 0.25 for ease of conversion.

2 litre = 0.5 US Gallon.

4 litre = 1.0 US Gallon

Which means my US Gallon of petrol today cost me $5.92

I really don't think you guys have anything to complain about!

(UK - A US Gallon is only 0.82 of our Gallon)

The way I see it is... UK is about the size of Oregon. So we can fit your tiny country into one corner of the USA.

Based on land area sizes from www.nationmaster.com:

total area of UK = 244,820 sq km

total area of USA = 9,629,091 sq km

----------------------------------------------

USA/UK = 39.3

Therefore, the USA is 39.3 times bigger than UK.

In the end, USA drivers consume much more gas than you and end up paying more. ;)

One thing on a similar note, as Lounger points out, buy a smaller pickup, only thing wrong with this is! nine times out of ten it will be a foreign job, good for reliability, good for gas mileage, bad for the US workforce.

The US without doubt is the worlds best market place, man can they spend their hard earned, trouble with this is all the jobs and products are farmed out in other countries for cheaper production costs.

I would think it would be more productive to make the effort when possible to buy American, old Maggie preached this for years in the UK, and it does make sense, a cheaper product is attractive if it does the job as well as, but it's still too expensive if you can't earn the money to buy the product.

We don't realise how good we have it here, still most of the cost of gas goes to taxes. BTW, my F-150 gets about 20 mpg and our Explorer got 27 when it was closer to new. Some of the new cars and trucks are getting horrible milage.

As far as not going to Exxon or Mobil, I haven't been to one of those in years, so that should be easy enough. Most staions here ar BP or Amocco. Owned by our British friends. So why's the gas so high there?

One word - taxation.

Few years ago here, the tuckers got together and blockaded the refineries and distribution depots in protest. Almost brought the country to it's knees. Petrol stations were either sold out or those that had fuel had queues for miles.

BTW, my F-150 gets about 20 mpg and our Explorer got 27 when it was closer to new. Some of the new cars and trucks are getting horrible milage.

there?

My van has just averaged 53 Miles per Gallon, half the time with all my tools/equipment in the back. There's no need to drive round in vehicles that don't even do half that these days, it's just selfish, and will have consequences for us all if we don't change our attitudes.

There's no need to drive round in vehicles that don't even do half that these days, it's just selfish, and will have consequences for us all if we don't change our attitudes.

Nah - just invade a country that has plenty ;)

Joking aside, I saw a website the other day (which I can't remember now) that reckons oil production peaked in 2001 and we're now on a downhill slippery slope. I didn't believe the 2001 thing, but they talked a lot of sense about a world post-oil.

Americans and Brits (Scots included in this group) found and developed most all of the oil in the world with some help from the Dutch, Norwegians, and French (logging tools by Schlumberger) so we can complain about gasoline prices all we want. We should take the oil back from bleeding idiots we gave it too and let them drive about in donkey carts and ride on the backs of camels.

And such are the rantings of an ex- Petroleum Engineer

We should take the oil back from bleeding idiots we gave it too and let them drive about in donkey carts and ride on the backs of camels.

Gave to? You went and planted billions of gallons of oil under their soil? Hmmmm....me thinks not!