What Is This?

madcr500

Hi people.

I am trying to identify this bike for a friend who is interested in buying it. I beleive it to be 1980 but i'm not sure. I have been told its a tr34 but i dont think thats right.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

post-5332-1210620151.jpg

post-5332-1210620174.jpg

Its a Beta 240 or 125 red frame white tank white seat blue and red tank sickers as per photos given, Sandifords were the first impoters then gave it up, quite an interesting story after but...............its history, good bikes, not liked at the time but well made and went well J Subria was works and development rider even made world champinship points on one.

Its a TR240, last of the beta twin shocks. Grips like sh/t to a blanket. Sad looking yes but very restorable and then quite competitive. I had a 125 but I am too lardy so sold it. A TR200 is also available. I tghink only 30 odd TR240s were sold. Steve Goode is fanatical about them and has spares and info if your m8 buys it. A TR34 engine is about the same but 260cc. and will fit in the franme with a big hammer.......

HTH

... it looks in the same condition as our r2w rider Dave's 06 rev3 after the Scottish this week!!!

I forgot all about him, how did he do and did he think it was as bad as I made out? :shutup:

I've heard that it was an 'easy' year :wall: