New Ossa!

copemech

and whats the used value of this after 12 months?

Good question, no crystal ball here but as always - supply and demand decides the price but there is historical data that helps put a person in the general price area.

I'll ask two more questions.

Does the Ossa's 2 year transferable parts and labour warranty come in to the equation?

What will a carbureted 2t be worth 12 months from now?

cheers

Good question, no crystal ball here but as always - supply and demand decides the price but there is historical data that helps put a person in the general price area.

I'll ask two more questions.

Does the Ossa's 2 year transferable parts and labour warranty come in to the equation?

What will a carbureted 2t be worth 12 months from now?

cheers

Does anyone know the warranty arrangements in the UK ?

What sort of problems have been seen with early bikes?

Anyone come up with a stand that fits for those who want one?

Speaking to a couple of UK dealers they only have had mixture issues which are now fixed with latest mapping. They have concerns the rear wheel has only 1 bearing with the other side using a teflon bush. Apparently they are looking at a bearing conversion for the UK.

Anyone had problems with the rear wheel set up?

Does anyone know the warranty arrangements in the UK ?

What sort of problems have been seen with early bikes?

Anyone come up with a stand that fits for those who want one?

Speaking to a couple of UK dealers they only have had mixture issues which are now fixed with latest mapping. They have concerns the rear wheel has only 1 bearing with the other side using a teflon bush. Apparently they are looking at a bearing conversion for the UK.

Anyone had problems with the rear wheel set up?

It's a factory warranty, I doubt the UK is any different.

The new map has more power, starts better, a higher tick over and still very smooth and tractable on the bottom end. Tick over is adjustable via the diagnose program it appears but I haven't done it yet, I like it where it is. 2t mixture is 110:1 synth. which I think might catch people off guard using fuel for their previous bike.

cheers

It's a factory warranty, I doubt the UK is any different.

The new map has more power, starts better, a higher tick over and still very smooth and tractable on the bottom end. Tick over is adjustable via the diagnose program it appears but I haven't done it yet, I like it where it is. 2t mixture is 110:1 synth. which I think might catch people off guard using fuel for their previous bike.

cheers

Might also be a good lesson that they don't need all the oil they are putting intothem now!

Have stated many times that I can easily run at 100:1 :rolleyes:

The actual factory recommendation is .7% to .9% which is 142:1 to 110:1. My next can of gas I'll try the .7% to compare.

I would make sure that is factual info and not someones bad translation. Not sure I would run 142/1 in all conditions (like road use)

Oil isn't that expensive or much of a problem at 80/1 or above.

I would make sure that is factual info and not someones bad translation. Not sure I would run 142/1 in all conditions (like road use)

Oil isn't that expensive or much of a problem at 80/1 or above.

No translation issues with numbers: Manual says .9% or 110:1. Also factory has told me you can run down to .7% or 140:1. If i knew i was running long roads / trails I wouldn't run 140:1 either. Point being .9% is as high a mixture as you go on the efi Ossa.

cheers

No translation issues with numbers: Manual says .9% or 110:1. Also factory has told me you can run down to .7% or 140:1. If i knew i was running long roads / trails I wouldn't run 140:1 either. Point being .9% is as high a mixture as you go on the efi Ossa.

cheers

Send me a bike down and I will take it to Trials Training Days at TTC. Let all ride it, be the star of the weekend!

Lots of folk there! :rolleyes:

Send me a bike down and I will take it to Trials Training Days at TTC. Let all ride it, be the star of the weekend!

Lots of folk there! :rolleyes:

Hey Cope where's my invite :crying: ...... and airline ticket :rotfl:

Best of Ossa balance.

Neo

cheers

Think you need to check you info-

pre mix ratios - 2% = 50:1 mix , 4% = 25:1 mix , 6.25% = 16:1 mix

so i don't think 7% or 9% is 110:1 ratio is it!!

Best check/change your oil mix before its too late....... :wall:

Are you sure the 'factory' doesn't mean 110 octane fuel????

If you don't believe me , then check ANY 2 stroke oil ratio chart........

Think you need to check you info-

pre mix ratios - 2% = 50:1 mix , 4% = 25:1 mix , 6.25% = 16:1 mix

so i don't think 7% or 9% is 110:1 ratio is it!!

Best check/change your oil mix before its too late....... :wall:

Are you sure the 'factory' doesn't mean 110 octane fuel????

If you don't believe me , then check ANY 2 stroke oil ratio chart........

(point) .9% = 110:1

Hi, Thinking of getting an 0ssa 280. I'm interested in what Ossa owners rode before and how they compare. Ive just sold an Evo 250 which is about right power wise but I have geared it down and fitted a slow throttle.Would hate to think the Ossa was wild. :wacko: