scott trial 2011

scotty300

Does anyone know when the entries for this year's scott trial will be out?

Also any pointers on how to prepare for a first timer?

There'll be regs available at our 3 day trial next weekend & they'll appear on the RMC website at about the same time.

Tips for a first timer - get as fit as you can and then some. Practice riding as fast and as hard as you can for 2 hours then when you are worn out do it it for 2 more hours and then when you are absolutely worn out carry on again for 2 more hours.

See if you can ride a few local time and obs trials.

Also ideally watch it the year before you enter to get a feel.

Its a special trial so don't underestimate it. Unlike anything else but absolutely amazing

Thanks for the replies lads, I look forward to getting my entry in. I ride for around 5 hours most Saturdays and Sundays and try to fit in an hour here and there during the week, I've also a fair bit of enduro experience so hopefully bike fitness shouldn't be too much of a problem (fingers crossed!). Are there any common modifications that people make to their bikes to prevent mechanical problems?

Hey guys

I too have been preparing to attempt my first Scott Trial. I only have one goal and that is to finish. Which will be a bit of a challenge in itself. I have been training for a marathon for the past 4 months so I feel pretty fit and ride as much a possible so my bike fitness is pretty good. All i ride is time trails and enduros week in week out. Wish I was able to ride more but no land and work commitments stop that.

All information I have been able to gleam from the forums and the internet is that the best bike prep can be found by following the SSDT advice from the importers.

Any one else have some advice for a couple of first timers :thumbup:

i'd look to do any and all time and observation trials i could in the run up, i'd also attempt to do your club trials without looking at the sections first. but best advice is to ride and ride, maybe even do moorland hare and haounds or two on the trials bike as well.

The only thing you have to beat is the clock, observation score means nothing if you don't finish within 2 1/2 hours of the fastest rider. So your day is about looking after yourself, conserving energy & certainly not racing.

Don't just focus on normal riding, put some effort into manhandling the bike. Its tough going out there, towards the end it will be a case of using all your energy to get the bike up whatever is in front of you, and thats everywhere not just in the sections.

Whatever you intend to drink or eat, make sure its nothing new to you, make sure it works for you well before the day.

Was going to ask the bed and breakfast> question as well, or is over night camping allowed at the start area?

Google 'Bed and Breakfast near Richmondshire' & get ringing round...........the start field is a bit of windswept bleak place :biggrinsanta:

I always stay at washton springs or mount pleasent.

Probably closesest(!)

& if you carry on leaving souvenirs you'll not need to pack a bag as Jane will have a fully stocked wardrobe for you.

Edited by PERCE