Fantic 243 Parts

seattle243

I'm in Seattle Washington in the states. Hence the name "Seattle243". The time zone difference and cost of the phone call makes email much better. Except when people don't return remains. Then I look for different options. That's why I posted here.

Edited by seattle243
  • Like 1

First shot try the Tryals shop in NY. Mike has a lot of Fantic parts and is always getting in more inventory. He knows Fantics inside out and is a good guy to deal with. Bob Wright is your next best bet, he may not answer his email for a week or so, or not at all. Try again, don't take it personally. I've found a lot of guys in the UK just operate differently than what we may be used to in the US. Personally I envy anyone who can operate a successful business and not have to be a slave to their email and phone. The UK is seven hours ahead of us. Call him in the morning, it's not that expensive and you can accomplish alot with one phone call. Also I'm always surprised at how quickly shipments arrive from the UK. Also Bill Pye is a great source but not very email friendly, definitely phone calls only for him.

You bought a bike from a manufacturer that has been out of business since the late 1990's. Thanks to the internet, you can connect with people around the world who can provide just about any part you need. But you may have to put up with someone who doesn't worry about a mass merchandiser running him out of business. That's one of the reasons I'm addicted to these bikes

• Like 1

Motopelli

Thanks for the info, I'll try to track down the place in NY. This isn't my first "hard to find parts for" bike. I also like odd ball bikes for the reasons you do. I have found that if I'm two weeks into searching google and sending emails and have found nothing yet, forums are where the information are. I have ordered from the UK before and never had problems. I have been able to communicate by email with everyone up to this point.

I appreciate everyone's info and if the shop in NY yields nothing I'll start racking up a phone bill I guess.

First shot try the Tryals shop in NY. Mike has a lot of Fantic parts and is always getting in more inventory. He knows Fantics inside out and is a good guy to deal with. Bob Wright is your next best bet, he may not answer his email for a week or so, or not at all. Try again, don't take it personally. I've found a lot of guys in the UK just operate differently than what we may be used to in the US. Personally I envy anyone who can operate a successful business and not have to be a slave to their email and phone. The UK is seven hours ahead of us. Call him in the morning, it's not that expensive and you can accomplish alot with one phone call. Also I'm always surprised at how quickly shipments arrive from the UK. Also Bill Pye is a great source but not very email friendly, definitely phone calls only for him.

You bought a bike from a manufacturer that has been out of business since the late 1990's. Thanks to the internet, you can connect with people around the world who can provide just about any part you need. But you may have to put up with someone who doesn't worry about a mass merchandiser running him out of business. That's one of the reasons I'm addicted to these bikes

Exactly what I was going to suggest! I get alot of my Fantic stuff from Mike! If he doesnt have it, he can get it!!