Another Pro Crankcase Story

aussiechris

Hi Nicos,

That is interesting. The factory must have changed their mind at some point - looks like we're both right!

Normally the 250 Raga got the Delorto and the 280 and 300 got the Keihin as standard. The strange thing about those photos is that, over here at least, it was the 2010 Raga that had the gold frame and tank. The 2011 model had a black frame and mostly white tank. 2011 Raga models also had the Reiger shock which has a purple coloured spring. I think that article is showing pictures of a 2010 Raga. The first picture (the closeup) is showing a 280 (says so on the barrel). The other pictures appear to be the 250 (hence the Delorto carb). Weird.

All the best,

Chris.

• 1 year later...

Can anyone tell me who in the uk sells the Xiu main bearings for GasGas pro. As this is the second time I'm having to replace them since the bike was new in May 2014 and not too keen to get the same type again from GasGas as 11 months and 17 months just doesn't seem very long for them to be lasting.

Yeh was lined up. Got the bearing out yesterday on the gearbox side there was a lot of rust present on the small wire cage of the bearing. Also the small oring on the sprocket output shaft was split so possible water ingress into the oil through there. The bike has been a constant piece of work since getting it new, and it's my third GasGas but looking like it might be my last.