Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

ricarvar

Tr280i Diagnostic Software

79 posts in this topic

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:27 PM, ric h said:

I had a strange no start issue a couple of years ago.A long shot,but you never know.

Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

Even with the junk around, the stator certainly could produce voltage.

BUT the pickup for the spark timing won't work.

im not sure if i have any test values around for the stator, I was thinking it was in the service manual? If it were me, I would replace the screws (properly locktited as mentioned) clean everything up and see if it will start.

mark

Edited by lotus54

ok... more news...

I re-assembled the stator with the old parts - just to retest again and be sure what else may be wrong. I still haven't changed the damaged cranck-cover bolts or pick-up coil yet, but I plan to do it once I sort out what else may need replacing.

So I re-tested all the eight (8) functions with the software and "ALL" seem to be good - which may indicates that the pick-up coil is still doing its job (? although I plan to replace it). for example, I installed a Spark-plug tester that lights-up between the spark-cable and the spark-plug... and it does when I tested the ignition coil. The injector does makes the electric noise also when tested, the fuel pump does gets "on" and make noise, the fan does rotates and makes noise, and all the other four (4) parameters in the software do make noises when tested. So from the software... what can I tell to troubleshoot my non-start issue ???

I also bought a Fuel-Injection-pressure tester - to be sure the fuel pump is putting out 50psig and maintaining it. Findings: it does put out 52 psig. The pressure goes down slowly though with no leaks... which I don't know whether it's normal or not ???. As you guys mentioned before, I'd also need to adjust the TPS as it's off, but I guess that will happen once I've found the "no-start" issue.

So the question now is whether the pressure-lost affects a bike to not-start?, what else can be tested electrically for start (e.g. voltage, amps, etc.)? or what else can cause the non-start issue?... seems like I'm back close to ground zero    :-(

you set the tps without the bike running, although I think you said it was 5.0 last time so the bike should at least still fire.