Power Output

davidni

Out of curiousity does anyone know what bhp trials bikes are these days. I am upgrading soon to a 2002 beta rev 3 250 and I would like to know if there will be a big power increase.

Edited by davidNI

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Yes , I'd hve to agree ! The advertised HP. For my trusty 240 fantic when new was 18 hp and 23.54 Nm of torque at 5500 rpm . and my 212 cc fantic has more hauvo's than any ty 250 I've ever riden !!

IMHO !

:beer: Glenn

Well forgetting my silly mistake regarding the bikes bhp is it a good idea me upgrading to the 250 beta. I have been riding on the old 250 yamaha for about two years now and I am only 17 and wiegh 10 and a half stone. I'm just wanting a more powerful bike that is also better handling than the one I have. I was also looking at a scorpa sy125f but was put off by the 125 cc allthough if anyone can sway me back towards wanting it go ahead and try me :D

Edited by davidNI

Although i`ve never personally rode one I have heard a lot of good things about the Beta rev 3 200cc may be a good stepping stone for you and I can pretty much garuantee a Rev 3 will progress your riding so much! just an amazing bike! I have an 04 250 but weigh enough more than you for it too make a differnce!

Just my thoughts on this `un i`m sure there will be lots of gasser owners that disagree!

Oh and I wouldn`t go for the Scorpa personally :D

Thanks for the advice :D I have an add in the paper and have got a couple of phone calls in for those 200 rev 3s actually but they were from the year 2000 is that any good?Also what are your thoughts on a 1999 gasgas txt 250 for only

Edited by davidNI

Yeah the beta's definately sound good to me. From what I have gathered gasgas's are good to ride but ull constantly be buying parts for them :D Would you say thats true? Sorry for all the questions here :beer:

As i`ve never owned a gasser either I couldn`t comment on experiance just from what i`ve heard from friends and yes the gasser is lighter and possibley better for the trick rider but the Beta IMHO is easier too look after ( and beleive me I abuse mine!!!!) and i`m told they track far better prob that extra weight and the lack of linkage just keeps it that bit more settled

Best advice I could give though is go try one! :D