Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Trials Central

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

burns1989

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by burns1989

  1. Hi all does any one if you can take the head off a 08 rev 3 250 whilst the engine is still in the frame. Thanks
  2. Sorry been on holiday had no signal all week, glad some one picked up on it thanks. Yeah doesnt show on the parts diagram but is on most keihin carbs with the security screws. Daft really how hard they are to obtain.
  3. Hi all though id share this to help others trying to sort out fuel mixture problems ect. If you have a keihn pkw carb and your plug is showing rich mixture black sooty, it may be worth replacing the center gasket which has the two security screws. Other symptoms is now power band at all and the pilot screw makes no difrence when turned. I had this exact problem and put new gasket in and transformed the bike.
  4. burns1989 replied to burns1989's topic in Beta
    Ok I gues so, i moved timing back to standard which gave it a good strong torque and instant power from just touching the throttle, dont really like a muddy feel as I like sharp throtle responce, Id agree the 10 tooth feels like you cant stall the bike easy and will lift the front wheel no probs when you want it.
  5. burns1989 posted a topic in Beta
    Hi all can any one shed light on this, my 08 rev 3 250. Previous owner had it set up like thus Ignition timing was fairly retarded by 5 degrees I'd guess Needle jet is a JJJ not the JJH standard size. Front sprocket is a 10 tooth Found the time due to the bottom end going and having a rebuild. I can only guess they wanted a very soft engine. On second note my m8 has a 2001 modle which seems to have more grunt and power than mine on a speed test he pulls way and leaves a fair gap even if we get away the same time ect.
  6. Im Just going to go with a matching cases number as I can see any modifications been done on it. Thanks for your replies
  7. I gues so sir, any reason they would mark the cases? Other than not fitting wrong case half's
  8. burns1989 posted a topic in Beta
    Got my 08 rev 3 250 apart for new mains and crank. After splitting the cases I found markings engraved 1064. Does any one know what this would have been done for. Its obviously the engine has been apart before as the new mains uv had are the plastic caged ones direct from beta. Old bearings were ntn.
  9. Where did you get the jet blok gasket ?
  10. Got it sorted now and for others here is the adjustment
  11. Hi all iv tried looking in google and the links dont work, So does any one know how you set the ignition timing on a 08 rev 3 250, I did mark up the stator plate but it looks some one e has advanced the timing as the bolt holes have two witnes marks. Any help is appreciated
  12. Got it sorted thank you m8
  13. Rebuild the master cylinder the kits are 30 quid and not hard to do at all
  14. burns1989 posted a topic in Beta
    Hi all foes any one have a 2008 beta rev 3 250 crank and magneto lying around thats in good condition,mine has been mullerd by prviose owner and unfortunately they arnt available new any more, thanks
  15. Good evening, got my 2008 rec 3 250 engine out for rebuilding, iv noticed the two crank case half are a difrent colour to each other ones a dull grey and the other is a darker but more shiny grey, not sure if the one half has been replaced in the past but my hope is not as the cases are macheaned together as a pair. Can any one shed any light on this thanks
  16. Thanks, found out the rev 3 shouldn't have a shim at all exept the bearing washer
  17. Hi all where can I get the difrent sized shims for the clutch adjustment as my clutch slips badly when the clutch gets hot. Thought I was wheel spinning antill my m8 said its not spinning the wheel.
  18. Im not saying they dont know, but the confusion is what the manufacturer is saying to use. I was asking if its update to use the BP plug as there may have been an issue when using the BR plug.
  19. Well the manual shows a BR7ES which is not a long reach, so its confusing to be told I need a BP7ES which is a long reach plug. The manual doesnt state a BP, so my question is the manual printed wrong or was the BP found to be a better plug to use. Thanks
  20. Hi all hope some one can help here, my bike has a ngk bp7es fitted but the manual sais to use a br7es plug. I emailed beta uk and they said to use a bp5es or the 7. Said the R ristore is for if your running lights which I can assume the ignition is abit noisy with emf I beleave. The bp7es is a long reach plug where as the br7es is not. I would think the long reach is not correct.
  21. burns1989 replied to trapezeartist's topic in Beta
    One thing to keep in mind is it will also change your port hights so a thicker gasket will advance porting moving the power up abit and a thinner gasket will lower the ports will if I'm wrong im sure some one will correct me , it will give you abit more power down low . But realistically you probably wont notice much difference
  22. burns1989 replied to burns1989's topic in Beta
    Right iv only now managed to get out and ride sunday just gone , and my clutch is not slipping , I cleaned the plates off and used 75 light gear oil and she is working as she should
  23. burns1989 posted a topic in Beta
    Hi all out of interest does the s3 titanium exhaust header offer any gains in power or is it basically weight saving and aesthetics. I know expansion pipes will alter powere on there difrent dimensions but this is only a single tube , only thing that will may be differ is if its longer in dimensions.
  24. burns1989 posted a topic in Beta
    Hi all stripped the clutch on my rev 3 250 measures the thickness of the plates and they are at 2.7mm thickness . And when new they are 2.8mm so I would have thought 0.1 mm wouldn't be too much to cause clutch slip . So I have changed the oil for a light 75 w gear oil by putaline so I am hoping this should cure the problem .
  25. burns1989 replied to burns1989's topic in Beta
    Hi thanks I did try starting it by turning it but i had no joy or taping it . When I got home and started it up and switched the fan on it worked fine , switched it on off a few times and it worked as it should , I even stopped it with my finger slowly and I could feel it had enough force so it was not anemic. I couldn't replicate the fault which was annoying but I will carry a multi meter and if it happens again I will measure the voltage at the switch and see if it has any power to see if the voltage regulator is dead or the coil is dead .

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.