We Al Need A Bit Of

I think Raga had the luck running with him this season, and Fuji had it running against him early on, looking at the years results, Fuji has actually beaten Raga, more times than Raga has beaten him, the illness that Fuji suffered during the US and Japan round's, cost him the championship in my opinion.

Who's favorite for next year on current form ?

I'd agree totally.

Raga has been very lucky this season and, although it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that he'll get his number two (pun intended!), I don't realistically think he'll get number three.

Fuji is well back on form and Cabestany had a cracking result in Cahors, followed by an outright win this weekend (he offered no explanation for this recent upswing in his performance at Sunday's press conference).

Doug was very unlucky on Sunday. I didn't see his second lap perfomance as we're in the press room working by then, but from everyone I talked to who DID see it, it was storming and proved he can still be up there with the best. I was winding him up a bit at the weekend about podium places and he just said "Hey - I'll be back". Not in a cocky Arnie sort of way, but in a quiet, confident kind of way. I would never write him off.

As for the others? Bou has had a couple of wins this season, but seemed to peak early in the season and hasn't made his mark recently. He does have youth on his side and this year will have been a great experience for him to grow and develop on. I like his style of riding and expect him to do better next year with the experience under his belt.

Fajardo - much was made of him, but after his injury last year he seems to have struggled to make the move into the "upper echelon". Two podium finishes this year and third place both times. Great rider, but can't seem to execute when it matters.

My 2 cents worth!

To be honest, i would love to see Doug back on a Beta, win his 8th world chapionship and then retire, but i doubt that will happen ( going back to a Beta i mean), or its about time they was all on 4 strokes, just to see where everyone is on a level sort of playing fieled, next year i think Fuji will be the one to beat along with our very own Doug, Cabestany will finish 3rd and Raga 4th .... Is anything set in stone yet when all bikes have to be 4 stroke ?

my definition of luck is "luck is preparation waiting for an opportunity" and it really doesn't matter who wins to me as long as i get to see some great riding. by the looks of it it's a pretty good season with different riders and brands winning.

rob

Driving over Blubber house moor, our David said "Hey!! look at that that wheel passing us" I pulled over just has the wheel hit the curb and cleared a stone wall and rolled all the way down this steep field and landed in the beck at the bottom, it was our wheel off the bike trailer :unsure: now that was unlucky.

What was lucky, was our David was the young kid, so we kicked is ass down the field for the wheel, as I say! we all need a bit of luck :)

Driving over Blubber house moor, our David said "Hey!! look at that that wheel passing us" I pulled over just has the wheel hit the curb and cleared a stone wall and rolled all the way down this steep field and landed in the beck at the bottom, it was our wheel off the bike trailer :unsure: now that was unlucky.

What was lucky, was our David was the young kid, so we kicked is ass down the field for the wheel, as I say! we all need a bit of luck :D

Ishy,

I can remember riding the Basic memorial in about the same area with your David,Spenny,Sammy and Blakey and just catching the Stonehouse pub before closing,now that was lucky :D

What was unlucky was the the bloody place ran out of Ale about two hours later :)

Edited by 2fargone

I still think that anyone of the top four riders could potentially win the 2007 WTC.

The level is so high this year that even slight mistakes are costing the trial. Doug was very unlucky not to come away with a 2nd place in Andorra, whereas at Hawkstone and Poland he was way off the pace. Mind you it would have taken something exceptionally special to beat Cabestany in Andorra, he simply looked awesome.

I actually went up to him in the paddock, after the trial, congratulated him and told him that that its the first time all day that I saw him with his feet on the floor.

Purely out of quriousity, if they ran the series purely on the loop scores, what would totals be?

:unsure:

Total Rider

376 Adam Raga

438 Albert Cabestany

449 Takahisa Fujinami

470 Dougie Lampkin

517 Toni Bou

591 Jeroni Fajardo

765 Marc Freixa

991 James Dabill

1017 Tadeusz Blazusiak

Shaun Morris has not completed 3 events so his score is not included.

That's nowt :unsure: A year or two back, it was getting late, dark and p1 ing it down in't ssdt, and I missed a road marker, now that was unlucky.

What was lucky :) I passed Perce.

No you've got that totally wrong.

Slowing down in the woods just before to let me pass, now that was premeditated.

Missing the the flags on the road, now that was deliberate.

Getting a meal in the Indian after midnight 'cos Kinnel was later back than anyone else has ever been, now that's lucky.