Hondas On E Bucket

slapshot 3

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do look very expensive but if you check out their bidding history, they have a lot of happy customers for all kinds of trials items and a very good feedback score.

Remember that ebay can be a good place to advertise your product, many people will go and look at a larger more expensive item prior to bidding then buy it off line. The high starting bid may simply be there to stop time wasters bidding

whats wrong with the price..

how much would a reliable twin shock cost that all you had to do was jump on and ride each week, add to that originality add to that 4 stroke add to that all the time saved 'fettling' a p65 bike never mind the money

5k might seem a lot but when i review my total spend on my cub in the last 12 months and add the time i've spent finding bits, trials i've missed whilst the bikes having work done then it becomes a close run thing

in the end you pays your money you make a choice

tatty 70's /80's two stroke for 450 quid holds its value nothing to lust after

pre 65 cub 1500 quid minimum plus 1500 to make it remotely competitive but holds its value

4 stroke twin shock honda 3k/ 5k authentic ready to roll and rising in value

2 or 4 stroke new bike 3.5k/ 4.5k, loses 25% of its value for each of the first 3 years

That RS is a genuine ex-works bike. Not Mont with an HRC motor but a real works bike. Rare as hen's teeth.

Don't understand - where does it say it is a genuine ex-works bike? Looks like any other RS200 with the 250 conversion to me. What has it got to do with a Mont with a HRC engine too?

I'm confused

As regards the TLR250, if someone is willing to pay the price then it's worth the money I guess but they seem to have been coming down in value lately not going up, as have the RTL.

I'm not so sure that it would be a case of ready to ride either. If it has sat idle for years the rims may be corroded. There is also the chance of condensation inside the barrell settling as moisture on the piston crown and corroding the bore.

If those are not problems, it is still a standard TLR250, so if it is to be used in serious competition it would need an exhaust to help it rev, the spit-stall cured, the power softened as they are too quick off the throttle and the snatchy grabby clutch sorted. All mods done when they were ridden seriously when they were current and all things to consider which will cost over the eventual sale price.

And when it has been used a dozen or so times and has all the scuff marks that all the other TLRs have, it is just another old used bike and worth no more than the

:) The last Seeley to go on looks more like an RS to me ???? Or has it been made to look like one. Also the chassis number does not make sense if it is a Seeley. I am finding ebay dead at the moment, it seems to be a buyers market with lots of things, which is why some of the Hondas have a high start price so as to stop the people who think they may actually buy a TLR, RS or WHY for 2- 300 quid. Because they are out there, looking for a field bike for little Johnny. Edited by bo drinker

totalsh..., never found a reliable twin shock that all you had to do was jump on and ride each week. but in a way, you're right, in a year you'll probably find yourself missing trials whilst searching bits you wont find this time, but hey, think of the money you'll be saving

:) The last Seeley to go on looks more like an RS to me ???? Or has it been made to look like one. Also the chassis number does not make sense if it is a Seeley. I am finding ebay dead at the moment, it seems to be a buyers market with lots of things, which is why some of the Hondas have a high start price so as to stop the people who think they may actually buy a TLR, RS or WHY for 2- 300 quid. Because they are out there, looking for a field bike for little Johnny.

Have to disagree there, genuine Seeley Hondas produced by Colin Seeley at Seeley International were numbered SHT-XXXX

I believe SHT stood for Seeley Honda Trials

As for the bike itself, the seller does say that the tank and seat are non standard, tank looks like a modified TY175 Yam to me.

Big John

Yes, I agree, modified TY175 or TY250 tank but definitely a genuine Seeley with SHT as the prefix

:) Sorry, I made a mistake, I looked at my Seeley V5c and realis that my frame number starts with a 1 and then the number. I thought the one for sale was in the one thousand and realise now they all must start with a 1. I have one of the last, but had not looked properly at the numbers for a while. And yes it looks like a modified TY tank. ...............I'll get my coat.

That RS is a genuine ex-works bike. Not Mont with an HRC motor but a real works bike. Rare as hen's teeth.

Don't understand - where does it say it is a genuine ex-works bike? Looks like any other RS200 with the 250 conversion to me. What has it got to do with a Mont with a HRC engine too?

I'm confused

In the early '80's HRC (not Honda) made a limited run of RS200's. They were for selected riders around the globe. Eddie Lejeune ended up with one as did Kevin Rogers in South Africa. Very few were made. They were as ugly as sin. It doesn't mention that it's an ex-works bike but the price is appropriate.

In the case of Monts, HRC manufactures the motor (because the volumes don't justify Honda proper doing it) but a Mont ain't (neccesarily) a works bike.

I'm open to correction here but it does look like an ex-works 200 and the exhaust bears me out on it.

OK, I see the analogy you were trying to make now.

I still think this is an ordinary RS250 though as it looks no different from any others I've seen. It's not a 200 as it has the 250 barrell. I know what you mean about the exhaust but I have seen others with similar to that, could also be a Kondo conversion. Have a look at this website which is a dealer here in England who imports Hondas including a good few RS types. Click on their Sold bikes link to see examples of those they have sold recently. The top one is very similar to the one on ebay and has a similar front pipe.

Hondas

As well as RS Hondas Eddy Lejeune also rode a 250cc Seeley before geting the 360

Edited by Woody

totalsh..., never found a reliable twin shock that all you had to do was jump on and ride each week. but in a way, you're right, in a year you'll probably find yourself missing trials whilst searching bits you wont find this time, but hey, think of the money you'll be saving

Part of the reason I changed mine, parts were getting more difficult to find and more expensive. I don't have the wherewithall to "make" special one off bits.

The prices look high to me, but understand the reasons many of you have quoted. Much as I love the Hondas I don't think I'd pay that money...(unless it was a mint RTL s version..but don't tell Mrs Slapshot)

Wow so much confusion!! the bottom line in this is if you want to play out on Sunday these Honda's are Fantastic bikes to ride in Classic trials or even open to centre events we ride the Border classic events 12-14 times a year +some centre trials and have a brilliant day out.The amount of people who just turn up to watch these bikes has increased just in the last year alone.

whilst we have so many experts on this subject who knows the history of this model RS200TS circa1980 I have one and it is Superb to ride but so ugly if it was my wife she would have gone years ago!!!! :) It was based on the XL185 chassis that much I know,how many were made and how many are left (I have two)

Any help please.

post-2388-1158648652.jpg

post-2388-1158648687.jpg