Bou Joining Montesa Hrc

cota kid

At least we will have the pleasure of watching him ride his last event on the Beta.

Sheffield Indoor, as it is before the end of the year. :guinness:

Can't help thinkin he will have to change his riding style considerably, it took Doug a fair while to adjust, & he never rides owt on the back wheel :wacko:

For me, I guess the only thing I question is Honda's mandate. I don't like the fact that it seems like(from an uninformed view) that they have been putting pressure on the FIM to enforce a 4stroke only rule.

Honda is the biggest motorcycle company in the world, and if they can force all the small factories of trials bikes into having to produce 4strokes, I think that is bad for the sport.

Mont/Honda has quickly become the New York Yankee's of the Trials world. They can go out each an every year and purchase the services of the best available talent in order to win a championship!

Cheers, steve

By such a ridiculous statement you completly invalidate any miniscule measure of sense or reason in your view. There is no mandate. There are only emissions laws.

They did not hire the best. Raga is the best. They hired #5.

For me, I guess the only thing I question is Honda's mandate. I don't like the fact that it seems like(from an uninformed view) that they have been putting pressure on the FIM to enforce a 4stroke only rule.

Honda is the biggest motorcycle company in the world, and if they can force all the small factories of trials bikes into having to produce 4strokes, I think that is bad for the sport.

Mont/Honda has quickly become the New York Yankee's of the Trials world. They can go out each an every year and purchase the services of the best available talent in order to win a championship!

Cheers, steve

By such a ridiculous statement you completly invalidate any miniscule measure of sense or reason in your view. There is no mandate. There are only emissions laws.

Not sure what the hell your talking about mate! Only thing that has a minscule measure of sense to me is for a company to sink tons of $$$ into developing a machine that by and large, is still only capturing a very small piece of the overall pie. By and large, 2stroke machines are still more popular and in higher demand. We were told a few years ago by the FIM that 4strokes would be phased in as the only bike allowed to compete in international events. At the time I beleive questions were asked if it was a simple emissions limit, and no clear answers were given. The original date of implementation of this rule was changed at least twice that I know of. HRC/Honda have put the squeeze on the other small factories because they do not have the R&D bucks. I take my hat off to Sherco for throwing their hat into the ring, even with the fact that they had some problems with the 4T with starting it is a good bike and out of the box has more power that the Mont. Either way personally I don't care too much 4 or 2stroke, but I can't see it good for the sport forcing the small guys to HAVE to build a 4stroke only.(Obviously this has been backed off).

Buying a championship rediculous??? Arguably, if Fuji and Doug did not have to develop the works Mont's as they went along, Raga might not have won his world titles. Bou is clearly the brightest new star on the world circuit right now, and I'm sure that no one else could have matched the offer he got from HRC.

So what was so rediculous about any of that?

STeve

if they are so worried about that problem then why don't they all ride bicycles or walk or come up with something else. but if those lawers drove in their own cars or in any fossil fuel buring vechicle ever then it should be thrown out and i mean them out the window of the highest building in la.

but i have to go and sue HP because their key board makes me type badly and i'm unable to structure sentences properly.

Cheers, steve

HRC/Honda have put the squeeze on the other small factories because they do not have the R&D bucks.

I can't see it good for the sport forcing the small guys to HAVE to build a 4stroke only.(Obviously this has been backed off).

So what was so rediculous about any of that?

STeve

mr steve,

your comments about honda forcing the FIM to require other companies to produce four strokes is absurd. GAS GAS, SHERCO, BETA and SCORPA all have 4T bikes in their lines ups.Trials, trail, super motard and enduro models.

According to you they were forced to do this by honda and the FIM. I say B*****ks! they do it to sell bikes!

You say the small factories do not have the R&D bucks to produce a 4T. Well, both Sherco and Gas Gas got the job done. both factories produce fuel injected four stroke enduros engines. Sherco has produced a 4T trials motor.

these are the facts and that makes your comments appear ridiculous.

if you don't like being held accountable for your words then don't write such rubbish.

How many "trials" 4T's have Sherco sold???? Not enough to make them continue to produce it perhaps?? In there 07 press release, they state something about the new 2T lineup being what the public wants. GG have not produced a trials4T engine as of yet. probably have a prototype I would guess. Beta the same. Scorpa have used an existing Yam engine much like there 2stroke so I would imagine that must help with cost.They are still working the bugs out of it too.

Your theory about the 4T's being built to make money doesn't hold much water as of yet I'd say. If that is the reason, then in my mind it has failed so far. If you can give me facts to prove me wrong, I'll gladly admitt it, but just looking at it from that view, don't see anything rediculous.

Steve

4 times now Barry has said, in the last month, that he is looking forward to riding the 4rt at the BVM test day!!!!!! Maybe another Montesa signing on the way :guinness:

... of course, he will be looking for new riding partners :beer:

If I can ride one better than my current bike and better than any other bike I try then I don`t mind having too find new riding buddys` :beer: but that said i`m VERY happy on the Beta and it would take a lot too beat the abuse it takes :wacko:

i think bou has done the right thing, who wouldnt want to ride for honda/montesa, and also the money involved, the montesa has come so far in the last 2years, and as for bou throwing away the indoor title i still think he has just as much chance to win the title as he did last year, dougie and fuji are much stronger outdoors than indoors, so even if they rode a 2stroke they probably do about the same, i think bou has a good chance of both titles but only if he gets consitant, as for montesa not wanting raga i think thats down to the fact that he loves him selfs to much and doesnt send out the vibe that montesa want, bou is young, exciting, and will definitly lift the title one year, but the wtc is the hardest it has ever been.

I for one am certainly looking forward to seeing him use his 'modern' back wheel riding style on a 4RT. ;)

There is another theory! Honda could of snapped him up because they see him, rather than Raga as the most serious threat to them winning the title next year. :hl:

His Beta was certainly a very capable machine. :P