Montesa Cota 330 Advice Needed

steve

• 1 month later...

No need to dig those spares out Mr Dabster - A difficult descision was made and I've sold the 330.

Pretty sad to see it go really, I loved it because it was pretty rare over here and rides as good as any twinshock.

Always a worry that if anything breaks it could be difficult to find spares though.

Hope the new owner will post some pics on here as I'm sure he'll be giving a good make over.

• 2 weeks later...
No need to dig those spares out Mr Dabster - A difficult descision was made and I've sold the 330.

Pretty sad to see it go really, I loved it because it was pretty rare over here and rides as good as any twinshock.

Always a worry that if anything breaks it could be difficult to find spares though.

Hope the new owner will post some pics on here as I'm sure he'll be giving a good make over.

Steve

Thanks for the bike, I've already lowered the foot pegs and modified the brake to suite. The next thing will be a rebore when the piston arives and while I'm doing that I will respray it etc can I send the pics to you as I have no idea how to post them here.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

Hope Steve doesn't mind me carring this story on. Just a quick update the bike is in a million bits the frame is painted along with the yokes and fork socks and theres a pile off stuff being chromed. The swing arm is being polished( what a nice clean job this is?) The wheels have been rebuilt with stainless spokes and Finally all new shocks,bars, levers and grips. Only thing I'm waiting for is the new piston to arive in about a week or so. I will send some pics to steve as I cannot figure out how to load them. You'd think someone would put an idiots guide on here for that!!

Thanks for reading this

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got the piston but it needed a bit of work doing to it, had to mill the holes for the slipper ports and re-position the top ring pin as it fouled a port. Had the re-bore and fitted everything back together then installed the engine. Steve will hopefully be posting the pictures of it so far. The pictures will tell a better story than me hope you like them.

Thanks

Paul

And thanks to Steve for posting the pics

As promised I just received some pictures from Paul of the bike.

I have to say it is looking superb.

From what I can see the frame has been modified to drop the pegs down and rear. Frame and yokes have been sprayed or powder coated. Swinging arm has been polished. Exhaust resprayed.

Some nice new shiny shocks which will not only perform great but look the dogs danglies !!

Even the head steady has been polished to within an inch of it's life!!

Looks like all the fastners are new - stainless Paul?

Paul also told me the wheels have been rebuilt with stainless spokes.

What carb are you going to use - I was eyeing up an OKO which I think would slot straight in.

So here's the pictures - Keep up the good work Paul, and can I have a ride when it's done?

DSC00879.jpg

DSC00880.jpg

DSC00881.jpg

Edited by steve

As promised I just received some pictures from Paul of the bike.

I have to say it is looking superb.

From what I can see the frame has been modified to drop the pegs down and rear. Frame and yokes have been sprayed or powder coated. Swinging arm has been polished. Exhaust resprayed.

Some nice new shiny shocks which will not only perform great but look the dogs danglies !!

Even the head steady has been polished to within an inch of it's life!!

Looks like all the fastners are new - stainless Paul?

Paul also told me the wheels have been rebuilt with stainless spokes.

What carb are you going to use - I was eyeing up an OKO which I think would slot straight in.

So here's the pictures - Keep up the good work Paul, and can I have a ride when it's done?

DSC00879.jpg

DSC00880.jpg

DSC00881.jpg

Bloody hell Steve that was quick thanks. Yes all the fasteners are polished Stainless. I'm using Del'ortos because I've had nothing but trouble with OKO carbs and I'm running my other 330 with a Del'orto and it runs great. The shocks are from Sammy Miller Products and again they are better than any other I've tried. Should be about 2 weeks and I'll send more photos of the finished bike as long as the tank arrives from Spain

Thanks

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

I have just recieved some more photos of the bike from Paul.

It really is looking superb and very close to finished. Amazing job.

This is what Paul said about it in the email -

"The only thing I'm waiting for now is the tank which is coming over from Spain and should arrive early next week. Work done since last time is lots of polishing and chroming, and wheel rebuild. I did try a OKO on my other 330 but could not get it right so went back to the del orto which is great so it will be fitted to it tomorrow, then just waiting for the tank. i will send the finished photos next week and then sadly the end to a really good post by you"

So here's the photo's - Enjoy

DSC00899.jpg

DSC00900.jpg

DSC00901.jpg

DSC00902.jpg

DSC00903.jpg

DSC00879.jpg

DSC00880.jpg