New Footpegs

clarkp

I need to update pegs on some older stuff.

Do any mfrs sell the mounts ready to weld on? Speed& Sport had a weld on kit,but I don't think it used std. trials pegs.

anyhill: what do you ride that has bolt on brackets? perhaps I could adapt them.

k

i ride a 95 beta techno 250cc, i tried to drill out the bolt which is stainless steel and i ended up snapping drill bits in the hole. I made a right mess of it.

Make sure you use proper COBALT bits when drilling out SS, don't be tempted by cheap bits, or even half good HSS bits. I think i'll have to adapt my bracket with a welded-on piece of steel and drill a new hole about 1" above the existing front hole!!

This is what i've done in order to get a second bolt into my bracket/frame. The black cross on the upright is where i will drill the new hole, you can see the rear hole just to the left of the new upright.

These are hebo pegs, if anyone hasn't see them before! Twice as wide as my previous factory pegs. Does anyone think this new hole will be a bad idea? Will it considerably weaken my frame? Cause a... eh.. fracture?

post-5-1080241058.jpg

Spent about 3 days trying to drill it out beta boy, there are now titanium, cobalt & HSS bits broken off inside the hole. Think i'll need diamond to drill though it. I tried starting with smaller bits but they just broke off too easily. Guess i was too desperate to get out on the bloody thing.

P.S. Beta boy, you not getting my PMs/emails??