The Tough One

nigel dabster

1st David Knight 14 laps

2nd Wayne Braybrook 14 laps

3rd Paul Edmonson 13 laps

4th Tom Sagar 13 laps

seen as dabster only put as far as 4th (alexz) the rest of the top ten in the trial race where as follows

5th Dan Hemmo

6th Micheal Phillipson

7th Ian Austermuhle

8th Ross Danby

9th Jack Challoner (125cc)

10th Adrian Harry

Full lap was reckoned to be about 5km. For the trials bikes that rock section was the hardest obstacle by far. Impossible to ride feet up or even with a few well placed dabs for any of them. It was just a case of maul it through. There were a couple of steep descents just before the rock section, one of which would have been 'exciting' on a trials bike. The other obstacle that caused the enduro bikes problems, the log section, posed no problems for the trials bikes. Colley was the best on this as he carried his front wheel across the gap between the log platforms whereas everyone else dropped off the first and rode back up onto the second. Really impressive. Even more impressive was that he won with no rear brake which he wiped out early on the first lap. For the steep descents he was killing the engine and going down on the front brake with the bike in gear. Having been down them on an enduro bike in the earlier clubman race, that makes me feel sick just thinking about it......

Video 2 -

A the beginning you will see Steve who has just come down the bank and restarted the engine. That's what that guy is on about as Steve says hes got no back brake (can't hear him say that) and that guy says "what does he want me to do about it" :wacko:

I have one short vid of the actual tough one itself but due to the dark and cold/wet weather couldn't take much footage.

The last vid will be Ross - coming soon :wacko:

The last 2 vids are Ross then TheTough One Proper. Apologies for my wifes comments :beer:

By the way, My wife & I were looking down the programme when she said " Who's missus Sherco " :D I took a look and said " Thats MRS SHERCO, thats the sponsor" :unsure:

Ross Danby -

Tough One Extreme Enduro -

The last 2 vids are Ross then TheTough One Proper. Apologies for my wifes comments :beer:

By the way, My wife & I were looking down the programme when she said " Who's missus Sherco " :D I took a look and said " Thats MRS SHERCO, thats the sponsor" :unsure:

You need to make sure she has plenty to read when you take her to events like that Ian ...ask Andy

:D