Why Dont You Regular Users Sign Up To Support ?

daggs888

back to the original question

a) I'm a tight fisted student

:banana2: I'm a very busy organiser, and i some ways feel that i already give enough to the sport (unpaid)

c) no other off road motorsport's related sites ask me for money (eg Adrenalintrip.net, TBM, etc) - (ok sidecarcross does)

thats not to say that this isn't a very worthy cause that does deserve your support. IMHO the trials industry should be paying for this via advertisements and/or we should (as riders) get our governing body to support / fund/ host / whatever ....

might cough up when i get a real job ....

A few things -

a) fair enough....... i'd have left it here !

:blink: Great, well done, the sport rely's on good folk like you who take the time and effort to do this ..... thats another topic .. we need more volenteers, i'm sure if people knew clubs were crying out for people to mark out sections and generally help out with flags, admin, finance, press coms, producing and publishing results etc etc, they would step forward ...... many clubs suffering from lack of help are facing closure gents so contact your local club and find out if you can help.

c) do those sites give you same day results and sometimes video footage from world events ?, do they contain as much relevant technical information or advise as TC ? do they advertise local events and results ? do they have opinions from the likes of Mike Rapley ? ...... the list goes on and on, this is a quality site, if you cant afford to support it then fair enough but dont compare it to other sites which clearly dont give as much focus or information on trials as this one does......

:rotfl:

Edited by daggs888

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry you misunderstand my 3rd point, i sit back and look across 3 disciplines of motorcycle sport, and "the internet" (for want of a better phrase) is handled differently within these 3 broad catchment areas. there are pros and cons to each, and IMHO Andy had hit the nail on the head with most of them (there is always room for improvement though). in one way I'm saying why do i have to pay for trials, but not any other. On another level I'm crying out for the halcyon days (before my time even) when MCN covered every sport and was the one stop shop for everything, hell even TMX fails in many respects to cover 3 off road sports....

• 3 weeks later...

I tried subscribing yesterday and got as far as my username. To subscribe it says your username has to be a min of 4 characters, mine is only 3. tried going into "my controls" to change my username, but I didn't see an option to do so. Im sure my original username was longer than 4 characters but I received an email from TC saying it was changed to my current 1, I kind of assumed they did just to trim my username to my first name........ should I be worried?!?

How do I subscribe?????????????

:marky:Panel

Edited by gaz

I tried subscribing yesterday and got as far as my username. To subscribe it says your username has to be a min of 4 characters, mine is only 3. tried going into "my controls" to change my username, but I didn't see an option to do so. Im sure my original username was longer than 4 characters but I received an email from TC saying it was changed to my current 1, I kind of assumed they did just to trim my username to my first name........ should I be worried?!?

How do I subscribe?????????????

Got your PM on this. I'll look into it.