Addingham Lost And Now The 'flappit'

totalshell

http://www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/newskei..._thrown_off.php

for 20 years we've ridden here never seen an accident never seen racing in the layby but the health and safety boys it must keep them awake at night,

i have never seen or seen evidence, of riders leaving the site or riding on the moors adjacent the big fences might have something to do with that.

Why cant the council just be honest instead of closing it for our own good..

I've spent the day here midweek watching dougie and big Mart training full transporter the works ( he can ride can that lad) at the weekend sure its busy to busy but surely thats its worth the council should be making provision for more parking and charging and then we'd all be happy.

Edited by totalshell

http://www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/newskei..._thrown_off.php

for 20 years we've ridden here never seen an accident never seen racing in the layby but the health and safety boys it must keep them awake at night,

i have never seen or seen evidence, of riders leaving the site or riding on the moors adjacent the big fences might have something to do with that.

Why cant the council just be honest instead of closing it for our own good..

I've spent the day here midweek watching dougie and big Mart training full transporter the works ( he can ride can that lad) at the weekend sure its busy to busy but surely thats its worth the council should be making provision for more parking and charging and then we'd all be happy.

Ah haa a good excuse for a new local government department......

I can just see it now;

Local Over Manned Motorcycle Off Road Facilities and Control dept.

Civil Servant staff required-

Head of Dept.

Pa to Head of Dept

Deputy head of Dept

Head of Parking + five members of staff

Head of Works+ Deputy head of Works + five tradespersons + three labourers + two Drivers + two Storepersons + one Forklift truck driver

Head of Finance + Assistant Financial Officer

Public Relations Officer

Web Site Development Officer

Police Liaison Officer

Community Liaison Officer

Race Relations Officer

Health & Safety/Coshh representative

Head of Admin + three members of staff to look after the whole lot listed above.

Sorry to make light of a good idea, but this is just what would happen if you asked the local council to put in a bit of parking and charge riders for the chance to ride. Nothings ever that simple when you are dealing with these people. I work in a company just like this.

last i heard was that the land owner was being summonsed to court for letting riders practice on the land, but haven't heard anything more, there could also be another excellent piece of land being lost in the same area soon as well,

Have heard today from a very reliable source in Silsden, that Addingham is now definately CLOSED!!!! :rotfl:

It seems that the minority and burocracy have won through again. :D

Give it 5 years and we'll all be riding through skips in car parks every sunday!

• 1 year later...

On the news tonight Flappits is going to close in the next few weeks. This is after being used for 50 years so it said.

Apparently the council is forcing its closure with ditches and possibly yellow lines to stop parking and access.

I would think the police would then be obliged to enforce it so bikes potentially could be lost if you don't abide.

This is ridiculous but Bradford council strikes again.

I had a warning note ( not a section 59) logged the other week on another area. The officer was a trials rider and sympathised with the situation but the council are not willing to create areas that we can use.

Obviously the council, not just Bradford, want to close motorcycles and the whole thing down and then they can't be liable.

Where will all the bikes eventually go?

Now for the "when I was a lad" bit.

We use to have loads of places where you could go and do things like motorbikes, dens and bonfires etc. I struggle to think of anywhere now and they wonder why the places get smashed up and theres gangs hanging around street corners.

Campaign of Idiocy by Bradford Council. Firstly Access to the site will be needed by the owner and all he needs to do is open the gates. Police can hang around as much as they like but the site can be closed so cannot be considered part of the Public Highway hence the powers they use to stop Car parks being used for "Max power" style meets cannot be applied. All The council can do is close the Lay-by which achieves very little if the Quarry has planning permission. Working Quarries tend to be a worry for councils as their planning permission actually means they can be used in this manner.