Boots.......

slapshot 3

I know there's another (fairly recent) thread on boots but this ones a little different.

Each have their pluses and minuses, I'm not bothered about wet feet, I can buy socks to combat that what I do need is something that will give me the best ankle support I can get. Both of my ankles are knackered and I'm fed up hobbling around for a couple of days after a trial because my ankles are sore.

Any advice much appreciated

I know there's another (fairly recent) thread on boots but this ones a little different.

Each have their pluses and minuses, I'm not bothered about wet feet, I can buy socks to combat that what I do need is something that will give me the best ankle support I can get. Both of my ankles are knackered and I'm fed up hobbling around for a couple of days after a trial because my ankles are sore.

Advise......................Yes if you didn't dab so much your ankles wouldn't be sore :D

Maybe look at an ankle support from a Pharmasist, I know Boots (no Pun intended) do them as I got a support bandage thingy for my cronic Tennis Elbow, it may work and you can keep your old boots then, or is this a ploy to get some new boots from ''The Missus''.................

Advise......................Yes if you didn't dab so much your ankles wouldn't be sore :D

If it was that Mark I'd be better wearing padded trousies, wouldn't hurt my backside so much when I fall off :o

Maybe look at an ankle support from a Pharmasist, I know Boots (no Pun intended) do them as I got a support bandage thingy for my cronic Tennis Elbow, it may work and you can keep your old boots then, or is this a ploy to get some new boots from ''The Missus''.................

Got them, special ones for inside my skates others for other sporty things....., boots are knackered anyway and as for the last bit she said Santa would bring me a pair if I met up with him in Fort William....... :thumbup:

Edited by Slapshot 3

Try the newer Alpinestars - they have more ankle support than my old ones. The down side is they're less flexible.

Could be...you need some additional shock absorbing in your boots.

I've a combo of a full length silicone insole plus a 2/3 rd insole ( from the heel to just behind the forefoot) with an anti pronatory ( thats to support a flat foot in plain speak ! ) element in mine and have no after ache....plus a few of the North East centre lads have them also......seems to work ok...

I had a coupl of pairs of Alpinestars and they lasted very well indeed, however they took ages to soften up. I then bought a pair of Novogars and I could wear those comfortably from new. I am now on my second pair of Gars, however the tread wears out quicker than the boot.

Hey

The new alpinestar enduro/motocross boot comes with a removable ankle brace. The boots will probably be too bulky for trials but I expect you can buy the brace and try and get an alpinestar trial boot that may your feet with the brace on.

Cheers

Scott

Just an ideal as dumb as it may be, get a pair of mx boots and have them resoled. When I first started riding I had a pair of Fox mxers and I had them resoled and they were great, and they lasted longer than these flimsy trials boots.

I also have the same problem, specially my right ankle. I decided to wear MX boots for the excellent ankle support. I'm not afraid to dab anywhere anymore and my ankles seem to like them the best. I don't notice much of a difference when riding but walking is a different story.

Donald, IMO pretty much a black & white situation. Trials boots give you more flexibilty and feel and less protection, MX boots more protection and less flexibility and feel. If it's a major problem you could consider MX boots if you're not to concerned about feel.

Hi

I have a reasonable amount of grief with my right ankle in general due to shattering the bone a number of years ago. I wear Diadora - Stone 2 boots and I have to say they make my ankle feel really good and I find them comfortable and supportive. They also feel like they give my ankle a good amount of protection from knocks. And I've had a few.