Should I Buy A 4rt?

hop blip and a jump

I've been offered a montesa 4rt by a friend, and wondered if theres any faults to look out for????

I've only ever rode 2 stroke trials bikes!!!

What are they worth???

You won't be sorry. They are a lot of money but if you can afford it well worth it.

What year is it? I've got an 05, the only mods i carried out were putting on the 315 master clynider for the cluth and changing the clutch plates for 06 ones. Apart from that they are amazing!! You wont regret it!!

There has been an increasing number of 4RTs in our trials this year; more than just novelty value, so Montesa must be doing something right.

I personally didn't get on with it - but then I'm rubbish so don't take my word for it. I did get on with the Sherco 4T - I just couldn't start that.

I would strongly recommend that you get a go on a 4RT if at all possible, I think you'll kow if you like it or not fairly quickly.

As all the wise ones would say, try before you buy. I've got a Repsol and the only mod is the Mitani exhaust pipe. Before that I had a Gas Gas 250, not impressed! A friend of mine has done the reverse and gone from a 4RT to a Gas Gas 250 and gone way better. It's all about personal choice, but for me the Mont is way better in every way. He say's he can do things on the Gas Gas that he couldn't on the Mont but I think it's all inthe mind.

Good luck :icon_salut:

A great bike in every way, looks, performance and sound. Although it may take some time to get used to it, you'll be grinning from ear to ear all the way.

East Yorks Centre, which traditionally wasn't a Montesa hot bed, has scores of them turning up every week at trials. There are a few people I know who have reverted back to 2 strokes but overwhelmingly the riders who have turned to Montesa love it.

If you are into pimping your ride there are also plenty of performance and factory parts available so you can make your bike stand out.

Viva Montesa!!

I am not a 4RT fan myself but you have just got to admire the efforts made by Sandifords to support their flagship machine, particularly at the SSDT . I have just read the front page sponsor article click here and it just shows what extra you get when you have one of these bikes. Just so I don't leave anyone out, I am sure there are others doing a good job supporting their machines as well and its just great to see. :thumbup:

Well done Sandifords :icon_salut:

The summary is if you choose to get one, you will be in good company :thumbup:

I am not a 4RT fan myself but you have just got to admire the efforts made by Sandifords to support their flagship machine, particularly at the SSDT . I have just read the front page sponsor article click here and it just shows what extra you get when you have one of these bikes. Just so I don't leave anyone out, I am sure there are others doing a good job supporting their machines as well and its just great to see. :thumbup:

Well done Sandifords :icon_salut:

The summary is if you choose to get one, you will be in good company :thumbup:

You get support from all the Importers at the SSDT, not all of them put on bait but the bike servicing is the same from them all.

Edited by PERCE

Having switched this year from 315 Mont to 2005 4rt suggest if you want to smile when you ride buy a 4rt. Build quality, suspension and reliability better than anything else out there.

Ability to flatter in the car park doing tricks maybe not the best choice.

I think accept that you need to change technique from a 2 to a four stroke and give it 4 to 5 months. If you are a club man and have choice of a PTB then get a soft map!

Look at the SSDT for last few years and look at the most popular and reliable bike, 4rt is there or there abouts.

I would buy a newer one tomorrow but as said above, try before you buy but accept a 4rt is not a 2 stroke when you try it. Give you and bike time to adopt correct technique.

I tried the 4rt on saturday for about 10 minutes, first of all i hated it for about 2 minutes, then i started to have a little play on a few banks and changed my mind completely!!!

It just needed more of a rev and would do anything i wanted it to do, and eat the banks!!!!!

I think it should be mine!!

I got one 3 months ago. despite falling off the damn thing and breaking a finger on it - cant fault it. I've never ridden a trails bike before - but people who ride it who are "proper" riders always comment on the power and stability as big pluses.