James Dabill

marky boy

attributes and confidence are great but that wont win you a trial if others are riding better than you are..

Talk about stating the obvious. Nothing will win you a trial if others are riding better than you!!!!

Your obviously not a fan of Lampkin's but no doubt were on the band wagon when he was demolishing all the opposition several seasons ago.

And probably support Chelsea / Arsenal / Man Utd.

Edited by Cota Kid

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think an Eighth title is beyond Doug and I think he knows that too.. but I do believe a realistic achievement would be to get the 100th win and where better than at Hawkstone. If he gets it sooner I ain't bothered, but I think all of us (except Eddie ) would love him to do it..

I am sure he will be happy with that riding against the current crop of great riders. :rolleyes:

I honestly think an Eighth title is beyond Doug and I think he knows that too..

I disagree. I believe when Doug thinks he can no longer win then he'll chuck the towel in.

I honestly think an Eighth title is beyond Doug and I think he knows that too..

I disagree. I believe when Doug thinks he can no longer win then he'll chuck the towel in.

He surely must know it or be in denial ? If it were just Raga ahead of him then maybe just maybe, but now he has Bou,Raga,Fuji and Cabestany that can all win on their day and thats just too much of a hill to climb.

BUT, I would very much like to be proven wrong :rolleyes:

IMHO :crying:

but now he has Bou,Raga,Fuji and Cabestany that can all win on their day and thats just too much of a hill to climb.

And those four are up against each other as well as Doug, the master of pressure :rolleyes:

I honestly think that Doug has had some incredibly bad luck over the last few seasons, what with injuries an all. After watching the video of him ride at round 1, I think that he has the ability to still win the championship. Escpecially if he gets on a bit of a roll early!

Steve

Go Dougie, Go Dougie, Go Dougie.

D - O - U - G - I - E

D - O - U - G - I - E

Bytheway, I've a nice Repsol Orange Ra Ra skirt and matching pom poms for sale on E - Bay and I 'm willing to post to Northern Ireland.

D - O - U - G - I - E

D - O - U - G - I - E

attributes and confidence are great but that wont win you a trial if others are riding better than you are..

Talk about stating the obvious. Nothing will win you a trial if others are riding better than you!!!!

Your obviously not a fan of Lampkin's but no doubt were on the band wagon when he was demolishing all the opposition several seasons ago.

And probably support Chelsea / Arsenal / Man Utd.

You are right on one count, I have never been a big fan of Dougie - I have always had (and still do) the utmost respect and admiration for him and what he has done for trials but never been a fan of him as a rider.

Since seeing Raga in 1999 in the Isle of Man I have been a huge fan of him, and before that Marc Colomer and before that Jordi Tarres, who for my money is still the greatest ever trials rider. Think I prefer the more cyclo trials style of riding/trick riding to the grit, power and determination style of Dougie.

As for football, for my sins I am an Everton supporter, so I have a great understanding of suffering - but that's a different story!!!

Tarres was a little before my time, not that I'm young its just I didn't really get into trials until 1997, so I never saw him ride but his 7 WTC titles does say it all. Colomer was also a very talented rider and would have probably got a few more titles if a certain lad from Silsden hadn't come along. I was surprised how quickly Colomer fell away from the top level.

Raga also a superb rider, but a poor champion, he has been his own worse enemy with his ego.

Mind you power and determination is only two of Doug's qualities he is still a hugely talented rider who still is still driven by desire to win.

Can't really say too much about the Toffees as I'm a Boro fan.

Edited by Cota Kid

I've just been watching the rest of the vids from spain and have two points about section 7.Doug looks as good as anybody in that section and probably the most confident. Do you notice though that towards the end of the section before the final slog up that doug has the back of his bike on the slab ready to set off and a 'minder' puts his shoulder up to his back wheel,presumably to aid his set off!

I've just been watching the rest of the vids from spain and have two points about section 7.Doug looks as good as anybody in that section and probably the most confident. Do you notice though that towards the end of the section before the final slog up that doug has the back of his bike on the slab ready to set off and a 'minder' puts his shoulder up to his back wheel,presumably to aid his set off!

That was very well spotted Marky Boy. Are you on the pay roll of Eddie L, as he is going to love you for this one.

Just watched that vid section 7, I am not sure what benefit it gave but it was just blatant cheating in my book. I suspect though, if they were doing it, then so would the others. This is what makes 'Professional' trials a joke. It detracts from the amazing skills they have when this type of thing is done. It needs sorting out. !