Well It's Finished Now The Real Work Begins

old trials fanatic

As most of you know this winters "project" was an upgrade for the bike i am using in Pre 65 and Classic Trials to replace the old B40. Well it's "finished" in as much as a competition bike is ever finished.

Anyway now the real work starts. Fine tuning carburation, playing about with flywheel weights, ignition timing, port timing, suspension rates etc etc etc.

And yes i know the frames the wrong colour but i couldnt find any maroon and i had loads of black plus i like black frames :rolleyes:

DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0036.jpg

DSCF0041.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

Edited by Andy
Brought images into post

OTF, Thats looks the mutts nuts!!! :rolleyes: dare i ask how much that little project cost? haven't you got trials bikes that have got the rear brake on the right side? if so how do you get on changing from bike to bike? once again top job she looks gorgeous!!!

Congratulations Paul. It looks light and competitive. As you say now all the real work starts, but it is fun to make it and to improve it. I look forward to see you in the sections with it in Derbyshire ASAP.

My frame is coming in May......

Cool bike - very nicely done! Everywhere you look there's examples of very fine attention to detail. What do you reckon on set-up - a season to get it in the ball park, then a few years of 'fine tuning' (it usually takes me about three - then when I am finally happy with them I often sell them cos by that time I'm ready to build another........) .

Hi OTF.

Really lovely bike. looks the the dogs round things!!!

Seen some pictures of your B40, again a lovely bike. Have you sold it yet ? Its a bit expensive for me I think but am sure I could win on it if I started riding again.

Real reason I got in touch is can you tell me where the tank came from as it looks spot on and would like to get one for the bike I am going to do up.

My dads old trials B40 that has been in the garage for years.

One other question it has the old heavyweight forks on it that are next to useless. What's the best thing to do get marzochi's put in them or bin them and get some MP's or similar. Am trying to keep the bike fairly original.

I maybe back for some more help once I have got things up and running again.

Cheers Steve.

Hi OTF.

Really lovely bike. looks the the dogs round things!!!

Seen some pictures of your B40, again a lovely bike. Have you sold it yet ? Its a bit expensive for me I think but am sure I could win on it if I started riding again.

Real reason I got in touch is can you tell me where the tank came from as it looks spot on and would like to get one for the bike I am going to do up.

My dads old trials B40 that has been in the garage for years.

One other question it has the old heavyweight forks on it that are next to useless. What's the best thing to do get marzochi's put in them or bin them and get some MP's or similar. Am trying to keep the bike fairly original.

I maybe back for some more help once I have got things up and running again.

Cheers Steve.

Hi Steve Thanks for the kind words. No i havent sold the B40 yet. to be honest i'm not in that much of a hurry as i do have a soft spot for the old girl but eventually probably will have to go just so i can get in the garage.

Personally i wouldnt go the MP route as they are about