Camping Next Week ?

malcra

I may be in Fort William from Tuesday and because of the usual budget constraints and the need for a good nights sleep (4 hours sleep in 3 days last year after sharing a room with 2 very loud snorers) I will be camping; if anyone else is camping, what site will you be at ?

I am camping at the Glen evis camp site. Apparently on the foothills of Ben Nevis. Looks very good. I am only there until Tuesday though.

You may well wind up being thankful for that. From the Met Office Website:

"UK Outlook for Tuesday 8 May 2007 to Thursday 17 May 2007:

Much more unsettled weather is signalled for most places for much of this period Rain or showers will affect most areas at times, with probably quite heavy rain at times especially in parts of the north and west up to and including the weekend. However, elsewhere, the rainfall may not be sufficient to make up for the recent very dry conditions. Temperatures mostly near normal and iit will often feel cool in the wind. Indeed it may be cold enough for snow over higher ground in the north and local overnight frost. Strong winds or gales may occur especially in exposed northwest locations. Some brighter spells are still likely between the rain and showers and there are signs that drier weather may return to many parts later."

I am camping at the Glen evis camp site. Apparently on the foothills of Ben Nevis. Looks very good. I am only there until Tuesday though.

You may well wind up being thankful for that. From the Met Office Website:

"UK Outlook for Tuesday 8 May 2007 to Thursday 17 May 2007:

Much more unsettled weather is signalled for most places for much of this period Rain or showers will affect most areas at times, with probably quite heavy rain at times especially in parts of the north and west up to and including the weekend. However, elsewhere, the rainfall may not be sufficient to make up for the recent very dry conditions. Temperatures mostly near normal and iit will often feel cool in the wind. Indeed it may be cold enough for snow over higher ground in the north and local overnight frost. Strong winds or gales may occur especially in exposed northwest locations. Some brighter spells are still likely between the rain and showers and there are signs that drier weather may return to many parts later."

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!! :wall:

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!! :wall:

I seem to recall one year in the not too dim and distant past when the back markers couldn't get back to Fort William because of snow and had to take shelter overnight. I daresay Overthehill is now up to his ears in it, but maybe he can clarify?

I seem to recall one year in the not too dim and distant past when the back markers couldn't get back to Fort William because of snow and had to take shelter overnight. I daresay Overthehill is now up to his ears in it, but maybe he can clarify?

it was the course markers who run the day before the trial - it was so wet and foggy that they spent all day getting to Rannoch where it got dark. they stayed in the hotel at rannoch station with nothing but their wet riding gear and two hundred orange flags. the hotel owner refused to cook them breakfast early but took all their money - never been back since !!!!

glad to see some good scottish weather coming over the horizon (not that you will be able to see the horizon next week :wall: ) - people come from the other side of the world to experience scotland - the weather is part of the challenge :D

Edited by overthehill

people come from the other side of the world to experience scotland - the weather is part of the challenge ;)

I'm part relieved that we're not going to get baked in sun every day :D Cold, foggy 'n damp will do for me :wall: (no rain would be nice though...)

I'm part relieved that we're not going to get baked in sun every day :D Cold, foggy 'n damp will do for me :wall: (no rain would be nice though...)

But you can navigate by the sun... ;)