Finally! (maybe)

I don't belong to a club or compete,just ride for fun,but try finding someone to ride with! huh?? Not in northern Mn.

Met a guy last yr. for a few ride's but his Gasser's been sitting in my shed since May 28th,,that's right,almost a yr.

Been beginning to think I'm the "only" trials guy in the Duluth area.I've put ads in the paper and flyers up at stores trying to get

people involved,,not one phone call.

I belong to a big snowmobile club and this winter we had our annual group ride up in Isabella/Finland

after the ride we owned the pub,I asked the owner if I could flip in a dvd on the 60inch big screen,yeah baby,,,I brought in 04 world round,BA3 and 4,and Out of section. The place went quiet in amazement. It was great having sledhead throttle jockey's interested,the question's where overwehlming.

So anyway that's about it for me,watch the vids over an over,and go out and practice around the yard a bit,till last night.

Out of the blue the guy that owns the Gasser called and asked if I'd be interested in helping Mr.Ahlors set up sections at Spirit Mountain for the up-coming event on June 30th-july 1st,,,,,,,,,,,,I reply'd; I'd be honerd to help!

I'm still in ahhh,no big deal to some I spose,but I know no one that trials besides me and my older Brother.

Maybe now I'll get a chance to meet some riders and even join UMTA.

Great stuff and good to hear you are managing too get the videos out there too a few! Hope you see a couple of guys joining you from the other club. But I may be a complete dumbass here but MN. ? enlighten me were is this? I am sure it will be blatently obious whe you point it out :wall:

Been beginning to think I'm the "only" trials guy in the Duluth area.

Really? I would have thought that a place like Duluth which recently hosted two world championship rounds would be teeming with trials riders.

well thats something i never thought I'd see

Kinell answering a geography question ;)

still I suppose he could be wrong yet ?

good luck in the ssdt mate, see you there

:D Cheeky bugger, I went to the Duluth WR 2 or 3 years ago so I'm fairly certain I got it right?

Good luck and see you there :wall:

Yeah Thanks,I was a little excited and had a few becks in me when I posted. Yes, you'd think since the place was packed during the world round there'd be an abundance of riders in the area,,such is not the case. Even staring at the vintage twin shockers (never knew Can-Am made a trials)parked here an there one would think there has to riders around,,unless they go into hibrenation. Still wonder if World Round's ever coming back.

Changing the subject a tad, Now this is getting annoying, Trying to find place's to ride,(understand, I don't have the funds to travel all over) is very limited and only getting worse. In my area,unless you know someone or own alot of property your F'd. You have to pack-up and go to an OHV park

and pay pay pay. The few of them within a 100mi. are having more and more restrictions and are dominated by the Quadders! Oh how I hate those distructive things. Didn't mean to turn this into a rant,but I often think,,,no, I know I was born on the wrong continent.

Growing up in the 70's,, riding the pit's on TM Suzuki's and Honda Elsie's,,on rare occasions two brothers would show up on these Bultaco Alpina's

and blow all of us younglings away on hillclimbing. I would alway's stop and watch in amazement,,(what are those things?) Now Many years later I wish ta hell I would have dropped my interest in Moto and went Trials! I somtime's feel like a drug pusher trying to get some of my old moldy Mx'r buddy's to try it, but the narrowmindedness kick's in. I tell them,"It takes NO brains to twist the throttle"! All I hear is ,where's the seat?or, is that a girls bike?,,,,,hmmmmnnnnnn,,ok,,yeah It's purple and I prefer to putt putt but when I dump I get a bruise and a scratch on my bike,not a broken bone and a twisted subframe. (ranting again?)

Yep,I'm on the wrong continent,or the wrong state. You boy's over in the UK have no idea how lucky you are.

I often wonder what it would be like,,being able to just ride out your back yard into heaven.

You are luky, you can ride, alone but you can ride, here in north of italy ride in back is out of low, we ride illegally. The '70 and '80 was great years than starting a lot of restriction and now is totally out of low, they say it is for reduction air pollution (we are 4 cats whith trials bike whith half gallon of gas in the tanks!). I think the same of you i was born in a wrong state. Make some friends from the clubs and than enjoy your ride.

Whith simpaty from Italy.

There has to be a club up there somewhere, track down Steve Ahlers! :wall:
See that's the funny thing,well not really. He live's about 10miles from me and we have talked a few times on the phone trying to get together but somthing alway's comes up on either end. Maybe if we hook up a Spirit Mountain I can get more info on any local riders.

The only club(s) I know of is umta and wota and all their events are to far away with the exception of 1 or 2 a year.

UMTA has one event at the OHV park in Gilbert (to the UK buddies, Gilbert was an old mining overburden site turned into off highway park for

jeeps, ATV and MC. Basically over 2 sq miles of rock piles up to 300 feet high or so. Lot of trees, side slopes, miles of trails, etc. Awesome place. Peterson OffRoading Magazine and Jeep Jamboree have nationals there) Irony: hard to get a good turnout as it's 'too far north' for most of us! so I can understand where you are coming from.

Also, two club events at Duluth Spirit Mountain, after a hold put on by the tree huggers last year. One Duluth event is a round of the central regional series, so other states riders hopefully will be drawn up.

Duluth area: Steve, Bowmans, and Hofstrands, but all are high level riders.

McCluckeys make it down occasionally from Thunder Bay, saw David thsi weekend at UMTA.

Hopefuly you can come down for some two day events, just hang out and meet people and ride.

It's a tough sell to the MX buddies. No great fan appeal and glory, no one knows what it is, and it is SO humiliating to someone who sees themselves as a 70 mph 'racer' to find out he can't turn 180 degrees around a tree at walking speed!

kcj western Mpls UMTA

Flippin Tree Hugger's!!!! :D They try and wreck it for us snowmobilers too.

Yeah, I know about Gilbert,made it up there last year,but didn't stay. They used to let you ride for a day for free and I was unaware that changed,I couldn't justify spending $40 for a 3yr. sticker just to putt around for a day.

Ironically I've known Steve Bowman for many years and my brother is the one who bought his 99 Dougie.

I was amazed last yr. to find out Andy pulled "traitor"and went to the Darkside of the MX world,, :wall:

I just heard from Griff at UMTA so I'll more than likely be joining soon.

Great stuff and good to hear you are managing too get the videos out there too a few! Hope you see a couple of guys joining you from the other club. But I may be a complete dumbass here but MN. ? enlighten me were is this? I am sure it will be blatently obious whe you point it out :wall:

lol.......minnesota, in the USA. [ im in mo]

i have NO clue where you are !!! lol..

weet

Great stuff and good to hear you are managing too get the videos out there too a few! Hope you see a couple of guys joining you from the other club. But I may be a complete dumbass here but MN. ? enlighten me were is this? I am sure it will be blatently obious whe you point it out :D

lol.......minnesota, in the USA. [ im in mo]

i have NO clue where you are !!! lol..

weet

:wall: Yeah, I'm a little north of Duluth Minnesota,you know,,,Lake Superior,??the biggest lake in the world,also world round was here at Spirit Mountain 02,04,and05,. I'm trying to figure out where your from,, (mo)?????? Montana,,Mongolia? ;)