English Ale

copemech

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perce,

Please post a list of what you would consider good ales. I would like to see if any are imported into the States.

Thanks

Doug

Mark,

Try some of this. No equine urine.

http://www.blacksheepbrewery.com/Beers/Bot...Riggwelter.aspx

That sort of stuff is made purely for the tourists.

He wouldn't know. All I've seen Perce drink is OJ or water. Takes his trials too seriously. :D

Perce,

Please post a list of what you would consider good ales. I would like to see if any are imported into the States.

Thanks

Doug

Mark,

Try some of this. No equine urine.

http://www.blacksheepbrewery.com/Beers/Bot...Riggwelter.aspx

That sort of stuff is made purely for the tourists.

He wouldn't know. All I've seen Perce drink is OJ or water. Takes his trials too seriously. :D

Beer + SSDT riding does not agree with me, I worked that out the first time I went so since then I only drink on the Saturday night. At home I tend to drink only cask ale which is mostly John Smiths in our area, bottle beers are for the tourists as I said or summat you get given at Christmas.

I have to agree with Perce, after two years living in Ripon, Yorkshire bitter is what I'll drink given the choice. John Smiths, Theakstons Best or Tetleys, the early stuff from the Black Sheep Brewery were bloody good: Black Bull in Masham the night it went on sale...fantastic, I've heard it's gone off a bit since

Suddenly reminded of this place in Kansas I once found three years ago now, they have about 150 beers on tap from around the world.

Went there twice that weekend! Did not make a dent in all of them!

Funny thing is, I went there again last fall and could not remember where to find the place, or where I went afterwards! Total memory lapse! :D

Forget all this talk from the beardy, knitted jumper, folk music real ale types. The most popular beer in UK is Stella Artois, more affectionately known as wife beater. (But don't tell her I told you.)

Forget all this talk from the beardy, knitted jumper, folk music real ale types. The most popular beer in UK is Stella Artois, more affectionately known as wife beater. (But don't tell her I told you.)

Geordie larger lout.

Geordie larger lout.

Sheep worrier......

I thought you had spelt lager wrong but then realised you probably meant larger anyway.

And for a geographical history lesson. I was born in Middlesbrough in 1966, which was at that time part of the North Riding of Yorkshire. So I am technically a Yorkshire man.

Geordie larger lout.

Sheep worrier......

I thought you had spelt lager wrong but then realised you probably meant larger anyway.

And for a geographical history lesson. I was born in Middlesbrough in 1966, which was at that time part of the North Riding of Yorkshire. So I am technically a Yorkshire man.

I know Yorkshire was robbed of the beautiful city of the Boro by some disgraceful civil servants but it was Andy that told me you were a Geordie boy. True, you are larger lout than most.

Geordie larger lout.

Sheep worrier......

I know Yorkshire was robbed of the beautiful city of the Boro by some disgraceful civil servants but it was Andy that told me you were a Geordie boy. True, you are larger lout than most.

Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council also put Yorkshire on their address and have recently introduced 'Part of the Historic North Riding of Yorkshire' on road signs. As regards Mr Greig, you shouldn't believe everything the Welsh tell you.