Beta Rev-4

kinell

A rumour circulating the bars of FW last Sunday night was that Beta UK had withdrawn all six 4-stroke bikes due to mechanical problems and that they would only be supporting the 2-stroke Rev-3 bikes! ("Int' beer brilliant" :D )

Six Beta Rev-4 bikes started the toughest reliability trial in the world last Monday and 5 successfully made it through the week with no mechanical problems at all. Unfortunately, the 6th bike was retired due to rider injury (busted rib or something?). Get well soon fella...

Pretty impressive for the bike's maiden SSDT outing, which will hopefully give the trials buying public enough confidence to go out and buy the bikes when Beta hit full production later in the year. Nobody really knows why the Beta factory took the decision to only release 30 or so bikes into the UK, maybe they wanted to test the water before going full steam ahead? Whatever the reasons were then, I'm guessing that they will now be pretty pleased with their restrained release and they should reap the benefits later.

World championship regular Jordi Pasquet rode his 280 Rev-4 and genuinely enjoyed the way the bike performed for him, varying levels of riding ability including the likes of Phil Disney down to a very average clubman rider like me crashing and bashing my way round all week - the bike simply did what it was supposed to do for all 6 riders. I had some minor starting problems Tuesday or Wednesday but this was down to me and not the bike - easily sorted so the bike ran faultlessly all week. I had dozens of riders, spectators and observers all asking me what I thought about the bike during the week but I could only respond with "I love it, the bike is simply spot on out of the box"

Finally, thanks to John, Gary, Griff and Luca for their excellent support and advice at the 2007 SSDT (please don't forget the discount when totting up my breakages bill) :thumbup:

You said 280 rev 4 ? I have one of the two rev-4s here in the U.S. the bike works great right out of the crate, i'm very happy with mine.

Yes, 280cc but I never saw it in action as our numbers were quite far apart...

Where could I get to try one in the west midlands anyone please? I aint waiting for the Sherco 4T to get sorted. Time for a change :beer:

:D This must be some sort of joke? all those comments about the Beta and no you have seen the light!

Where could I get to try one in the west midlands anyone please? I aint waiting for the Sherco 4T to get sorted. Time for a change :D

:D This must be some sort of joke? all those comments about the Beta and no you have seen the light!

:beer: His happy pills have just Kicked in......... :D

Edited by Slapshot 3

Where could I get to try one in the west midlands anyone please? I aint waiting for the Sherco 4T to get sorted. Time for a change :D

:o This must be some sort of joke? all those comments about the Beta and no you have seen the light!

:beer: His happy pills have just Kicked in......... :D

Well I said I wanted to try one Baz, thats a way off from saying I would buy one :D

Seen a few of the '07 Sherco 4T's and they don't have any problems. Beta have produced a good product out of the box but have probably benefited from watching Sherco and Scorpa's early troubles.

Seen a few of the '07 Sherco 4T's and they don't have any problems. Beta have produced a good product out of the box but have probably benefited from watching Sherco and Scorpa's early troubles.

I'm aware of the Sherco problems... but what kind of problems did the Scorpa have?

I seen an 07 Sherco hidden away in the trees being fettled with on Sunday and even when they got it going again it wasn't revving out very well! and later I saw the same bike being a right pig to start!

I seen an 07 Sherco hidden away in the trees being fettled with on Sunday and even when they got it going again it wasn't revving out very well! and later I saw the same bike being a right pig to start!

Ahh but Baz, you're biased to the Beta :D unlike me :D

That Sherco 4T though sounded Awesome! What grunt it must have. Sounded like a 450 :beer: This was in stark contrast to the Beta which sounded like an old RTL. Certainly didn't have the bite of the Sherco sound wise.

On the downside, the Sherco engine at idle sounded like a bag of nails rattling around from the top end. It also looked a real handful. It certainly isn't right yet so I won't be laying out the notes for one just yet. :D

Good option I feel! and I'd of thought at normal human being level all that "grunt" is less than needed? infact like you say could turn it into a right handfull!

Also, whilst the Sherco 4t sounds pretty mean, it's way too loud. What is it with 4 stroke machines that everyone needs to make them louder. There is simply no need :moon: and it shouldn't be encouraged by the top riders on 4 strokes either in my opinion. We have enough trouble as it is with keeping trials venues without get noise pollution trouble as well!

Note - To be fair, the Beta Rev4 wasn't that loud. :banana2: