Anyone Fancy A Free Practice Session Next Week?

scorpa3

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great find Barry :D the legend should get a fine 8 quid for all his kit, but I dont think he will be the same Dan we all know and love in anything but 70's Scott gear :thumbup: .

Good Trial today, just me and Dan, Ralph got lashed up at a party last night and the Goat could nt be a***d coming, biggish entry (70 odd) and the sections were mainly big logs and stumps/roots and bloody slippy. Me and Dan recon Dad set it out as hopping was the order of the day and a couple of sections you had to ride over your own tracks????? (mmmmmmmm thought that was against the rules. )I had a terrible first lap (dropped 92) but things got better on the second, third and fourth laps were spot on. Dan wasnt quite himself on the first lap either but the last Trial he entered was 1992 so he was abit rusty. He had some typical cracking rides on the really tough up your own a*** sections and out came the hopping sideways techniques to get back on line. Dont think there was many doing the hard route but alot on the 50/50 and clubman so not sure what the best score was aprox. Well set out trial and good sections considering the land is not the best for trials and although the first lap was well slippy the other laps became about right so well done the plotters. Had a chat with Richard Allen before the start, he was on a Sherco 4t ( :thumbup: ) (sure i saw that bike last week?) but didnt see him on any sections, knowing him he dropped a slack dab somewhere and tonked everyone else. Think Dan was on about late 30's and me about late 60's, bike went really well and by the end I felt i had got used to it much more. Half hour drive back to the dishes to finish the day off and 2 other Cabers up there :thumbup: Mike got his Friday and a mystery ex rev4 rider on the other? Nice!!!!!

Justin that other rider was as tight as Dad at giving away dabs but he did not smell of pis# like Dad but he too was a joy to watch.

Clarky your old practice partner made a rare outing today and got the 4rt hopping about and he was not wearing his 92 gear either just some shorts but was on fire.

Justin you should have got Richard to come over we would have almost seen one of the inter center teams practicing, think they are riding as over 40s for the event?

I might be beaten up next time i see them all.

NICE.

Ah yer Dan, young Tom came over today, didnt catch him riding though as i got there at 3.30 but heard he had been doing his stuff as usual, Ralphs throat is abit sore as well from all those Nice!!!!!! shouts. Dad is now well happy with the capabilities of his 4rt after seeing what it can actually do, just wish some of these young uns would see the light abit more and get a bike and ride them more often.

Ralph he dont give nowt away does he, even makes dad look like a slacker, think he likes the Caber though and i recon he will be tonking the young uns in the Mid Centre for years to come yet.

I've sobered up now, sorry for putting that mental image in your heads!

Great stuff Barry. A boiler suit, thats what I want!

Glad to hear my practising/drinking partner was out today. Get yourself a bike and dont worry about the results you Legend!!!

I had a poor ride today but I enjoyed going round with Mr Addict. I at least managed to get a few 'nice' out of him. He had a few of the locals worried

Q 'Do you know who that bloke is on the Cabestany Dan?' A 'Yeah, I think i've seen him around somewhere before' Q 'He's a bit useful aint he?' A 'Oh yes, he's a hard B******'

Dad, you should have taken my challenge today, you would have been smelling the money after the first lap!

Thanks to The Addict for the loan of the Toffee Crisp & Lucozade

Toffee crisps and Lucozade, thats power food that Dan, Billy Craig would be proud of me :D I followed what Billy said about drinking lots of water before the Trial so had 4 litres :thumbup: seemed to work well but did p*** meself 3 times between sections 7-10 on the first lap.

• 3 weeks later...

Right you lot, you've had enough practice - you going to join those of us too portly to practice at our trial this weekend?

Nant Mawr quarry near Oswestry.

Atomant knows the venue. 10.30 start if you're up for it.

Right you lot, you've had enough practice - you going to join those of us too portly to practice at our trial this weekend?

Nant Mawr quarry near Oswestry.

Atomant knows the venue. 10.30 start if you're up for it.

ARRRRGGHHH . My bike wont be back from Micks till next week :wub: