Scorpa 175 4st

vinnied

The fact that the bike didn't manage to finish the toughest Trial in the world at the hands of one of the hardest riders in the world should not be held against it. His Gas Gas didn't make it round when he was on that either!

The fact that the bike didn't manage to finish the toughest Trial in the world at the hands of one of the hardest riders in the world should not be held against it.  His Gas Gas didn't make it round when he was on that either!

Was the 175 kit a factory mod I wonder?.......I would imagine the carb would also have to be changed too.

It could be that 175cc is too big of a step for the little yam lump, our friends across the water already have a 143cc kit which I presume goes ok...or am i wrong on that count?

mark

as for the ugly thing.....shame on you guys, bikes have hearts too ya know :D

I don't mind the fins, all 'proper' bikes should have those :D it's the shape of the tank and that god-awful rear mudguard that spoils it, i'm not against the bike, good on scorpa for making it but why not just make it look good as well?

The fact that the bike didn't manage to finish the toughest Trial in the world at the hands of one of the hardest riders in the world should not be held against it.  His Gas Gas didn't make it round when he was on that either!

Was the 175 kit a factory mod I wonder?.......I would imagine the carb would also have to be changed too.

It could be that 175cc is too big of a step for the little yam lump, our friends across the water already have a 143cc kit which I presume goes ok...or am i wrong on that count?

mark

as for the ugly thing.....shame on you guys, bikes have hearts too ya know :D

Yep, the 143 goes good. Dustin Ginder (Bob's son) is doing a great job of testing it riding the Expert class. No, it's not a 2.9 or a 270 or a 300, but it's doing a fine job for a small displacement bike.

No, it's not a 2.9 or a 270 or a 300, but it's doing a fine job for a small displacement bike.

I would say it is soing a fine job for any displacement bike since Dustin won the Expert class at his last event, with a 47 point gap between him and the next place finisher.

Link to story: <Here>

Edited by DGShannon

• 3 weeks later...

The Scorpa 4st's finished the 03 SSDT. Crosser was riding the bike at the very last sections of day one and sounded fine to me. I can only assume that things went wrong on the run back to Ft W.

post-10-1085754440.jpg

I have it on good authority the 175 Crosser rode was a poweroll, built by none other than Oregon's Pete Fischer, then detuned for trials back in the UK. Poweroll's engine was too high performance as it was built as a motocross/enduro engine. I'm guessing it had too high comp. so perhaps the piston dome was milled thinner to lower the comp. or something? I submit the big bore engine setup was not sufficiently tested before rushing off to fort William with it. Timing and carb. fine tuning can be a moving target. Perhaps it was too lean or too far advanced or who knows what all. The Scottish is no place for un tried lashups. Time will tell if the 175 Scorpa 4T is a viable option. I sure would love to have one just because it's new and different. Jay