Shaun Morris To Usa In 08

for artie

The level of riding has increased in the USA with the likes of tommi and crosett contending for National titles and performing at events in general.....It's all good for the sport in the USA. Shaun can only add to that continued progression towards a higher level of American rider.....Welcome to the USA and a National title hunt in 2008 Shaun Morris.....Riding at a World level on his own nickel vs getting paid to win a National title in the USA.....Pretty much a "No brainer".....My 2 cents .....D

The level of riding has increased in the USA with the likes of tommi and crosett contending for National titles and performing at events in general.....It's all good for the sport in the USA. Shaun can only add to that continued progression towards a higher level of American rider.....Welcome to the USA and a National title hunt in 2008 Shaun Morris.....Riding at a World level on his own nickel vs getting paid to win a National title in the USA.....Pretty much a "No brainer".....My 2 cents .....

Although I agree with Dom in most aspects, I do still believe that the NATC series should be for American Riders(north, south and Canada) much like the Euro Championships are for the Euro's, and the WTC for all.

It is good exposure for for trials and trials riders, but should be limited to an exhibition basis.

The NATC National Championship Series should be re-named, Championship of the Americas and be left at that. Former WTC championship riders do not qualify for series points. You are either a resident citizen(not temporary, which means 2 years or more) or you are not! And if you are not, you are welcome, but!

Nothing personal here, I am sure Shaun is a top notch fellow and I would like to see him succeed in many ways, even giving our lads some higher competition. There just needs to be a limit, it is simply not their Championship, not about money either just to "hire" a rider to win a series over our own. That is simply a publicity stunt for an importer or brand!!

If it were, I understand one D. Lampkin may have a bit of spare time on his hands next year, yes, it could be done! All depends on what you want!

I should add my bitches as well, just to get it off my chest. Spent a fair amount of time with Tommi, good guy. Worked hard, did lots of schools an exhibitions, donated his time for things like Training Days and spent quality time with clubs and members depending upon where he was at.

Same for Chaves, he WAS a resident for many years! Always helpful to anyone!

Again for Bruce! These guys are dedicated trials guys! Pity his brother could not stay longer as well.

Best thing I can recall out of Fast Freddy, the Belgian Waffle was the entertainment he provided when he knocked off a section marker for a fiver in our section. Wish I had an audio tape of he and his dumb ass minder. Sounds a lot like a baby crying, so you get the picture!

And who even said Shaun could win it? Yea, he would have a good run, but if last Sunday was any example, he might just have to be watching out for his backside some more, else there is someone just waiting to plant a front wheel there!

I do intend to present this issue to our NATC rep for further discussion once again at the meeting. Hopefully others will follow! Maybe not.

M2C ;)

Edited by Slapshot 3
sorted quotes

we had the same arguments when Raga came over to the British championships, but we were not afraid of the competition and we let him ride.

How you can distinguish between south africans finnish belgians and british defies belief.

Pat is a good youth but thats it, he is not going to get better over there alone regardless of riding with/against shaun or not.

Shaun is top 14 in the world, but there are only 20 riders competing, and he would still win your pro championship easily, so stopping him riding on the chance of winning would do what?

Nigel Dabster Posted Today, 10:29 AM

we had the same arguments when Raga came over to the British championships, but we were not afraid of the competition and we let him ride.

And likewise with vesty years before that. The better the riders you ride against, the more you raise your game. If said rider is riding non-competitive it is easy to just carry on as before, cos you don't have to beat him to win a championship.

You could organise a 'World Series' within the national champs, just for the Yanks! ;)

I watched Shaun ride on Saturday and Sunday. He rode the loop with no minder. He also finished his 3 loops in about half the time the other riders did. It did'nt look like he was trying that hard. He looked to be having fun and talking with the spectators. I think it would be great if the riders from across the pond would come here and ride in our series. It would make us better in the long run.

I think it would be great if the riders from across the pond would come here and ride in our series. It would make us better in the long run.

After years of hearing that US riders "must go to Europe", if we were ever to have another US World Champ, it does seem that having Europe come to the US, would be of some benefit.

How you can distinguish between south africans finnish belgians and british defies belief

That is easy, THEY DON'T LIVE HERE!

Most only come for money! They have no vested interist in the US or its riders, they are only in it for themselves! Or whatever manufacturer is paying them! Crosset was a good example, self centered useless P.O.S. in my book!

At least Bruce came here to live, ride and learn. AND STAY! Same with David! Tommi worked his way doing shows and schools!

There are better riders to be a HIRED GUN, all it takes is money if you want to buy a US Championship with imports! B.S.! I am just not sure we want or need that sort of help!

And yet, not that any are not welcome to come and play with the kids and the rest! Some can scratch a living on their own good standings. TTC may be looking for a resident Pro! Thats another topic!

Edited by Slapshot 3
sorted quotes....

How you can distinguish between south africans finnish belgians and british defies belief

Most only come for money! They have no vested interist in the US or its riders, they are only in it for themselves! Or whatever manufacturer is paying them! Crosset was a good example, self centered useless P.O.S. in my book!

At least Bruce came here to live, ride and learn. AND STAY! Same with David! Tommi worked his way doing shows and schools!

There are better riders to be a HIRED GUN, all it takes is money if you want to buy a US Championship with imports! B.S.! I am just not sure we want or need that sort of help!

And yet, not that any are not welcome to come and play with the kids and the rest! Some can scratch a living on their own good standings. TTC may be looking for a resident Pro! Thats another topic!

I agree with you copemech no quality british or european rider should go and ride in the state's for any reason just incase your younger rider's might learn from them and progress to the world stage.

It's your younger one's that will benifit from him being there so what's the big deal apart from gate crashing your championship for a year.

Edited by bilco

Are we all playing 'count the exclamation marks? !!!!!!!!!!!