bigfoot

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nigel Dabster Posted on Jun 9 2004, 05:54 PM

BVM have a few more than that, so what? 

What was the point of that comment?

neonsurge was giving us a small piece of information. relevant or irrelevant there is no need for mindless sarcastic comments.

Thats the sort of answer you would expect from a young child not a middle aged man!

And they say the kids today have bad attitudes :( (I wonder who they learn from?)

Edited by sherco99

What was the point of that comment?

Well, the point of my reply was to try to illicit a reason for the previous comment and keep interest in the actual thread, as because it was so short I kinda thought he was trying to make a point, and I wasn't sure what that was.

Sorry. :(

(Correct spelling is not irrelevant in my eyes young man)

Edited by Nigel Dabster

Well, the point of my reply was to try to illicit a reason for the previous comment and keep interest in the actual thread, as because it was so short I kinda thought he was trying to make a point, and I wasn't sure what that was.

I wasn't trying to make any point, just observing that people seem to be willing to slap down money for a completely new, unproven trials bike, simply because it's the latest thing (or maybe because it says Honda on it somewhere). I'm not saying that I expect the bike to be riddled with problems when it's released to the public - this is Honda we're talking about after all, but it's one of life's true-isms that no matter how thoroughly you test a product, your customers will always find problems that you did not and it's not easy to issue interim updates to a big piece of hardware like a motorcycle!

Nigel: You seem to have a more-than-casual-observer interest in the new Honda/Montesa. What's the deal?

I wasn't trying to make any point, just observing that people seem to be willing to slap down money for a completely new, unproven trials bike, simply because it's the latest thing (or maybe because it says Honda on it somewhere). I'm not saying that I expect the bike to be riddled with problems when it's released to the public - this is Honda we're talking about after all, but it's one of life's true-isms that no matter how thoroughly you test a product, your customers will always find problems that you did not and it's not easy to issue interim updates to a big piece of hardware like a motorcycle!

Nigel: You seem to have a more-than-casual-observer interest in the new Honda/Montesa. What's the deal?

For someone that wasn't making a point it sure looks different from here, which is what I kinda thought.

I agree completely that it is a suprise that people will buy a bike without even riding it but this has always happened to a more or less extent ever since trials bikes have been made. I spoke to a couple of people last weekend and they just want one, a bit like my missus when she just has to have this item or that, I know the feeling but it doesn't extend to a brand new bike honda or any other make.

My take on the Honda thing is that it is a detremental move for trials in general. The TLR wasn't produced for long last time and unless the federations change the rules for the majority of riders excluding the WTC then the factories who run closer to break even point than we think, I guess will find it difficult or impossible to produce 2 and 4 strokes effectively. I have no desire to have a fourstroke unless it is alot better for more money or a little better for similar

Some of the replies about 2 or 4 stroke in the 10 question's were interesting.

Fuji voted for four stroke. Now you can't tell me that he hasn't riden one yet.

Doug said two stroke now but 4 stroke for future.

Or is this a diplomatic answer considering who pays the wages.

the answer from dl and tf sounded diplomatic to me because (i may be wrong and i aint listening to it all again it takes sooo long on standard dial up ) didnt one of the sherco riders say 4t as well and they are supposed to have a bike all but ready as well , :(

I think there's a great risk of bike prices significantly increasing over the next couple of years, I'm not talking inflationary, Euro/Pound, Euro/Dollar increases here.

Whoever makes it, a 4 stroke costs more to produce in such limited quantities as trials bikes. Increased use of more expensive technology, fuel injections/programmable ignition, etc. will also increase cost. Both of these mean the price has to go up, in order for everyone to make their margins in the distribution chain, this is before you kick your new bike over at its first trial.

It looks to me like the prices will hop up at least

• 2 weeks later...