Monty 4 Stroke

bigfoot

Now Montesa/Honda have made there new 4T, there WILL be problems as it is a whole new design, it will be a trial and error with this bike, I doubt they can get it right first time...

I think the Honda/HRC engineers might be a tad upset if you thinks its all trial and error :lol:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Montesa/Honda have made there new 4T, there WILL be problems as it is a whole new design, it will be a trial and error with this bike, I doubt they can get it right first time...

I think the Honda/HRC engineers might be a tad upset if you thinks its all trial and error :lol:

:lol: They didnt get where they are today without some problems. Although you are right, HRC/Honda have MUCH experience in engines...

Honda engineered, and Honda reliability will sell the bike as it did the Montesa. Montesa does not design the engine, although, whether they assemble it or not wouldn't make a difference. Instead of them building a bike quickly and testing them on the consumers (unlike other factories that have problems for years at our expense) they test and re-test them to assure the most reliable bike possible.(ISO 2000)

Cos if dealers knew what the currency exchange rates are going to be in 6 months they wouldn't be Trials dealers, simple enough?

Oh come on joined up thinking here please, IF dealers knew the actual price of the bike it would have to be in production or nearly so. We have had the photos of one prototype for just a week so if dealers have "a price" at best it can be a guess, if sandifords had a price and specifications it would not be in their best interests to have that as an open secret it would be in the form of a press release. For that to be possible Montesa would have told them what it would cost wholesale,and for that to be possible they would need to have a complete bike and know production costs, and as no ones seen one yet it seems a way off.

We still don't know why the bike even appeared on the montesa usa website first, perhaps your dealer can answer that? :lol:

Montesa fans and honda fans will buy them if there is no alternative, but fuel injection and fourstrokes are not for everyone, as is spending another

Its only money Dabster!!! Who cares what it costs?? If you want something enough then you will buy it.!! I seem to remember a similar argument against the initial SY.

Look at you with yer shiney van, personally i dont like to have ANY money if possible in a vehicle that will quickly decrease in value. But i'd rather have a few quid in something that i use for fun and pleasure. Namely a bike.!! What is the cost of fun? it is hard to gauge, what it is worth.

How many trials riders are going to moan and say how expensive the new monty is , and then roll up to a trial in one of those Merc vitos , which cost a packet and are built in Spain?? They might as well be a Vauxhall for the amount they cost in rot and repairs.

Cost is relative to what you want , it depends on your priorities!!

Take CK for example, he wanted an alluminium fuel cap (the REP type) but said that are too dear at

Edited by Marky boy

I know what you mean, but that van is much more than just for trials, Ive done 30,000 miles in 18 months, and its a long way from milton keynes to any decent sections! (Just chipped it too)

Lets just hope that it (the monty) is here in time for the scott and my great mate Perce is hopefully sorting out a ride for us, thanks perce much appreciated. (its all for charity!)

Monty 4 stroke at the scott, that would be a good test! :lol:

Edited by Nigel Dabster

there are 4  other options , scorpa, beta, sherco, gas gas.plus buy a new 05 keep it 6 months change it

2 new bikes in one year same price as a montesa :lol:

You'll need two of another brand of bike to equal the longevity of a Mont.