Monty 4 Stroke

bigfoot

Is it not ironic that if Honda had spent a fraction of their time developing a fuel injected two stroke, the emission levels could have been brought down to that of a four banger?

Imagine the state of that back silencer after the Scottish! :D

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we presume that fuel consumption is very low due to the size of the tank?

Also are those snail cams on the rear wheel new or do they have them on the 315, they look pretty trick, as does the whole bike actually.

Didn't see the fuel injestion coming.

I hope it isn't so good all the 2-stokes will uncompetetive overnight forcing everyone to go and buy one!!

Consider that gauntlet well and truly laid down.

The cylinder looks nice a small and low on the visible side but I can't quite see where the plug lead ends so don't know where the actual top of the cylinder finishes. There is certainly more on the left side that we can't see. It fills the frame where as this side has a lot of height above the cylinder.

"The cylinder looks nice a small and low on the visible side but I can't quite see where the plug lead ends so don't know where the actual top of the cylinder finishes. There is certainly more on the left side that we can't see. It fills the frame where as this side has a lot of height above the cylinder"

TAKE A STEP BACK AND THINK HOW AN OVERHEAD CAMSHAFT 4 STROKE WORKS. THE CYLINDER CAN BE SMALL AND LOW - IT DEPENDS ON THE STROKE OF THE ENGINE.

I SUSPECT YOU ARE CONFUSING CYLINDER HEIGHT AND OVERALL TOPEND HEIGHT (CYLINDER AND THE CYLINDER HEAD/COMBINED. THE CYLINDER HEAD IS THE BIT WHICH IS TALLER THAN THE 2 STROKE AND DUE TO THE WAY THE ENGINE WORKS CANNOT BE SMALL AND LOW! THE ONLY REASON THE CYLINDER IS LOW ON ONE SIDE AND NOT THE OTHER IS SO THAT YOU CAN GET THE PLUG IN/OUT!

Is it not ironic that if Honda had spent a fraction of their time developing a fuel injected two stroke, the emission levels could have been brought down to that of a four banger?

Imagine the state of that back silencer after the Scottish! :D

Get yer pencils out - someone's going to make a lot of money selling a carbon guard for that silencer.

If this thing costs much more than

It looks as though that is a guard over the silencer, if I'm seeing things straight! Look where the "silencer" meets the frame, it seems you can see the silencer "behind" there.

Sure wish we could see the other side, it's not clear what type of valve train it has, that head looks awfully short to have valves in it they way we are used to seeing in a motorcycle engine.

Quite possibly bandwidth issues. Interest was very high. I was originally linking to the pics on the US Montesa site, but copied them onto my server to save them bandwidth as I have a high bandwidth limit

My understanding was that it was an official press release and on that basis I certainly wasn't going to refuse them.

Montesa's PR people sent out one of the photos last night after the afternoon press release. Whether that was as a result of the information being "leaked" (if it even was) or not I don't know. I'm sure I'll find out though!

Pictures of the "left side" probably were not done yet.

Remember that there is a difference between a "picture" and a "photo".

I suspect that what we are seeing are pictures. They started life as a photo of the bike, but have then been enhanced graphically to create a picture of what the bike is intended to look when production starts in October.

Anyone want to place odds on how much the bike that shows up in Japan this weekend will look like these press release "pictures"?

As long as we are discussing things we have noted as "interesting" about this press release, did anyone question the wording?

Honda has independently developed the new bike, with the goal of combining solid competitiveness and outstanding environmental performance...

Maybe the press release just wasn't targeted at the trials audiance, because I immediatly wonder who Honda was working independant of? Independant of Montesa? Interesting that the engine cases say Honda and not HRC as in the past.

This has been a very well kept secret and I would not be surprised if there are some more yet to come. While all of the hype, including the title of this thread, have referred to the "Montesa" 4-stroke, I for one have not seen one yet! I have seen a real nice artists rendition of a new Honda 250cc 4-stroke trials bike however. :D