Monty 4 Stroke

bigfoot

I think you will see over history, Honda rarely risks championship points

Given that Bilbao is not riding the championship, and was quoted as "coming out of retirement" to ride the bike, I am failing to see your point. No points were at risk.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to disagree with you again WB but to me a hell of a lot has changed...

Count the spokes and you will find another, not so obvious at first glance, change. Wondered if they would go to 32 spoke wheels, and if so keep that wonderful rear rim design.

Given that Bilbao is not riding the championship, and was quoted as "coming out of retirement" to ride the bike, I am failing to see your point.  No points were at risk.

That was my point, I was agreeing with you, not disputing :D

...just because you ride a Scorpa, doesn't mean you can't get it right once in a while :lol:

That was my point, I was agreeing with you, not disputing  :lol:

...just because you ride a Scorpa, doesn't mean you can't get it right once in a while  :lol:

Agreeing with me? No wonder I missed the point! :D

BTW - I have also owned several Montesa, and still do! It just happens to be an old one. (74 Cota 247)

the only thing i can see that is missing is an elec start it may start fine when new and upright but with a bit of wear and lay it over and things may be quite different , or is that the point of fuel inj ? sorry i agree with whoever said about research on 2t instead , :D

Still no proper view of theleft hand side. The close up of the left hand side of the engine shows the spark plug entering at on the horizontal plane in a funny position. I'd be interested to know what's happening on the head with regard to valve gear and that plug position.

Stroke looks very short. Together with the rather curious plug position it makes the motor still quite compact. How about a 'side/flat' valve combination.

I notice that only Tommi is entered in the WTC round - he was a point scorer last year on both days, so interesting to see how he goes.

I can't believe that people think that its a opportunity for the bike not to perform. Of course there's pressure on Tommi and the bike - Motegi is Honda's own facility and the Honda/HRC bosses are always in attendance.

I would think that nothing less than a point scoring place would be deemed a success.

I was thinking a bit more hi-tech than that, not that a Honda lawnmower is a bad machine, its a Honda after all :D

I was thinking more along the lines of the combustion chamber being laid over to reduce the height of the motor, looks like the plug enters the side of the chamber why can't the valves be in the side as well ( showing a complete lack of mechanical knowledge here) - it would keep the height to a minimum, although add to the width.

HRC haven't snapped up my offer of being their crash test dummy yet.

The problen with a combustion chamber off to one side would be the size of it. For a good sharp responce and high revs you need a fairly high compression ratio and that wouldn't be possible with the volume involved in an off cylinder combustion chamber. Unless they've done something quite trick which is alway possible.