Cope-xispa?

les

If Ryan can't sell them because of conflicts with Sherco and possibly Scorpa and the bike is a decent bike, I would like to see Mike Komer pick up the line. I think he did a great job with Scorpa and I heard that in the past he imported other brands with great success as well.

Doug Wilson

Edited by dfwilson

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Ryan can't have sell them because of conflicts with Sherco and possibly Scorpa and the bike is a decent bike, I would like to see Mike Komer pick up the line. I think he did a great job with Scorpa and I heard that in the past he imported other brands with great success as well.

Doug Wilson

Why did he quit scorpa?

Why did he quit scorpa?

I am not sure if he quit scorpa or scorpa quit him..... Acutally guys from NY (jriley) want to chime in here.

I used to live near mike before he bought tryals shop from florida (early 90's) He had a great importer ship for Montesa and in the 80's (when Montesa was in limbo) he was the importer for the aprilia climbers. Mike runs a great shop in a very small town burried in the hills of Centeral New York. The only other business in town is a gas station and a blinking yellow light. He lives for this sport and lives on the sport. Who knows this may be his chance to take on another importer ship but importing bikes is a head ache. If your ever going through new york stop on by his shop. He has a lot of water falls to ride on as well. :icon_salut: gotta love those water falls.

--Biff

Guys,

Sorry to barge in: with an off topic, maybe stupid question.

Since Montesa is now owned by Honda, shouldn't we be able to buy them at our local Honda Shop?

Alan

There are plenty of Honda models that are sold in other countries that aren't available in the United States. Here are some examples:

http://www.honda.co.jp/motor-lineup/displa...r400/index.html

Well, since the cat is out of the bag, 3 bikes of the initial shipment will be allocated to local experts for testing and evaluation. The package includes everything needed for competition at NO cost! All you have to do is show up and ride!

Wheels, brakes, tires, batteries, levers, grips, mudguards, bearings, clutches, dildo, fuel, travel costs, food, beverage, fanny pack, hats, baseball shirts, black boots(military), knee pads, gloves, Wranglers and helmet!

If you don't like the bikes, you or you fat minder can go screw yourself! He He He! :icon_salut:

Any takers for a full factory ride!

Edited by copemech

Well, since the cat is out of the bag, 3 bikes of the initial shipment will be allocated to local experts for testing and evaluation. The package includes everything needed for competition at NO cost! All you have to do is show up and ride!

Wheels, brakes, tires, batteries, levers, grips, mudguards, bearings, clutches, dildo, fuel, travel costs, food, beverage, fanny pack, hats, baseball shirts, black boots(military), knee pads, gloves, Wranglers and helmet!

If you don't like the bikes, you or you fat minder can go screw yourself! He He He! :icon_salut:

Oooooo full factory ride???? I dont think that i would canidate for the xispa poster child. Unless they want their poster child stuck under a bike. I am on the bottom of the expert totem pole.... Hmmmm put my name in the hat.

--Biff

copemech Posted Sep 8 2007, 09:38 PM

If you don't like the bikes, you or you fat minder can go screw yourself! He He He!

let's hope one of those items is to keep the Mrs. happy whilst rider is away.

Hey throw my name in the hat!!

I am in the bottom of the Advanced class but hey for a full factory ride I would move up to expert. (If I don't like a section I can always jump off the bike and get a 5).

Is it a problem if I am fatter than my minder????

Would I still have to go screw myself????

Can I cut the wranglers into shorts??

Sorry guys, but as you are not LOCAL, I have no way of monitoring the wear and tear on the Chinese goods, yourself, or the minder to see which one lasts the longest!!!

Seriously there is a reputable man in texas with 13 kids if the new importer would send one down there let the 4 boys put 3 hrs a piece per day on it for 3 weeks that would be 2400 hrs which is more than an average bike is ridden in 10 years. Document the time spent and the parts and we would all know whether there any good or not. My vote is the first one that comes over goes to Les.

copemech Posted Today, 12:06 AM

Sorry guys, but as you are not LOCAL, I have no way of monitoring the wear and tear on the Chinese goods, yourself, or the minder to see which one lasts the longest!!!

Local no I guess not

But LOCO most definately.

OK serious questions, Is there a US importer? How much gonna cost? Is there really 3 bikes to be tested by riders?

I would be interested to find out how well they hold up and some pics of said reliability and testing would be nice.

:o

copemech Posted Today, 12:06 AM

Local no I guess not

But LOCO most definately.

OK serious questions, Is there a US importer? How much gonna cost? Is there really 3 bikes to be tested by riders?

I would be interested to find out how well they hold up and some pics of said reliability and testing would be nice.

:o

I think we have to go to texas for to see the xispa zippy. I think huffy bicycles is looking for a poster child. You might want to hit up Walmart.... Hmmmm lets see Texas or Oklahoma in January or Michigan..... Hows the clutch in your truck? If not then we will have to take the Miata.... :rotfl:

--Biff

This has been a fun thread, but for those that may not understand it totally, it is all just in good fun ! Les (who rarely checks what he started) is a good sport, as well as his fat minder!

All I know is that RYP has indeed withdrawn the Xispa logo from their website, so I know ov no importer at this time, but nobody tells me anything anyway!

And even though I may have a Sherco tattoo on the bum, all the US importers are top fellows, most of which even myself as a small time sportsman rider have come to know on a first name basis over time and involvement in the sport. As well as the fact that there really are not any "bad bikes" they all just have their own traits!

It Is a funny world of trials, but Xispa will have a tough go I think! On the other hand, it does put pressure on other manufacturers to up their game!

well put mark what a unique sport it is. I suspected the tattoo and figured Alan Bechard for one too. btw Whens alan going to get that house done and get back to goofing off on this forum

Looks to me like xispa if they get an importer would get aome demo bikes here. and get some quick hours if they do and they hold up they will sell. If they dont hold up them production wont even get started.