Number Plates

subira

My local 'Classic Bike' shop has closed where I used to buy, a stick on background (BSI Approved !) and compact (read small) letters for my reg plate.

I haven't needed to make a bike plate since this new law about producing a V55 and no stick on letters came in.

What's the crack ? Are there any dealers around that will still sell this stuff. or are there any other suggestions for creating the plate - not looking for it to be legal, but maybe a bit bigger than the plate that MarkyBoy sports on his Scorpa ;)

I made my last number plate from the blue duct tape I nicked out of Dabsters van, I then wrote on it with the big fat black felt pen I carry in my toolbox. Are any of the methods noted above any more or less legal than my efforts?

Are any of the methods noted above any more or less legal than my efforts?

Good point.

Half legal, is that like being half pregnant (but of course not in a gay way)

I just feel a bit better with something that looks vaguely like a plate - got stopped a few months back on my old bike and the young Mr Plod (about half my age) looked at the BSI stamp and thought it was all legal ! Perfect ;)

Are any of the methods noted above any more or less legal than my efforts?

Good point.

Half legal, is that like being half pregnant (but of course not in a gay way)

I just feel a bit better with something that looks vaguely like a plate - got stopped a few months back on my old bike and the young Mr Plod (about half my age) looked at the BSI stamp and thought it was all legal ! Perfect ;)

I normally do have a properish plate on but since I smashed my mudguard off on the wheely bin I've been using a ratty old mudguard that I scrounged at Whites. I just can't face putting nearly