Tlr 200 Reflex Tire

zippy

OK I am too lazy to do the search TC thing.

I am trying to put a used Michilin trials tire onto the rear rim of my 1986 TLR 200 Reflex. This is my problem: the bead of the tire will not seat. It is a tubeless tire, the rim is for a tubed tire, and I have a brand new tube in said tire. Is the rim designed in such a way that is preventing the tubelss tire to seat on the rim? Or do I need more than 95 PSI to make it go "pop"

Thanks for the replies, sounds like I will have to break down and actually purchase (man that hurts to say) a new proper tubless tire that will bead out on my rim.

copemech Posted Yesterday, 09:59 PM

Shhhhhhhhhh! I been waiting for him to try putting 150 psi in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!!!!!!!

I gotta get a bigger air compresser, and if I don't try it at home that only leaves out in public where I would look really stupid in front of people, I like to save that for when I ride a trials. :P

Zippy even if you do manage to get the bead to go up on the rim with high pressure, there are many people who have found that it will jump straight back off the rim when you let it down again to go riding.

I have seen a novel approach recently using four tyre clamps that kept a tubeless tyre in place on a tube type rim not that I would recommend it though!

Since I am not using this bike and tire in trials comps. I have decided that 25 psi and a rim lock seem to hold the tire to the rim well enough for my uses. Basically put put around yard and maybe some trail rides (slowish)

:ph34r: