Best Use Of Kitchen Utensils...lets Here Those Stories !

gregr

Hi Guys

Just a funny thread to keep the sprits up ... whats the funniest or most bother you got in , using the other halfs kitchen [or mums] to help prepare or fix your bike ?

Mine , was the look on my mums face , when she came back from shopping to see a pan of black oilly goo on the cooker and me trying to lower a chain into it ... yes you've got it ... good olde "Link Life" ..what ever happened to that ! ... did I get it in the neck or what ... almost as much trouble as getting caught in the bathroom using the shower to spray the "Gunk" off my frame ... thinking back , what was I thinking ...should have been using Jizzer LOL ,

Come on lads lets here those "crankcase in the oven" classics ...

All best

Greg

Ps, Is it true a dishwasher makes a wicked engine cleaner ?

Hi Guys

Just a funny thread to keep the sprits up ... whats the funniest or most bother you got in , using the other halfs kitchen [or mums] to help prepare or fix your bike ?

Mine , was the look on my mums face , when she came back from shopping to see a pan of black oilly goo on the cooker and me trying to lower a chain into it ... yes you've got it ... good olde "Link Life" ..what ever happened to that ! ... did I get it in the neck or what ... almost as much trouble as getting caught in the bathroom using the shower to spray the "Gunk" off my frame ... thinking back , what was I thinking ...should have been using Jizzer LOL ,

Come on lads lets here those "crankcase in the oven" classics ...

All best

Greg

Ps, Is it true a dishwasher makes a wicked engine cleaner ?

my mate also used that castrol link life stuff for his chain once but when he was trying to carry the hot tin with the chain still in it back outside from the kitchen via the living room the chain took a slide to one side and that crappy wire handle that came with the tin gave up and the whole lot ended up on the cream living room carpet while his mum was sitting watching the telly. he ended up getting rid of the bike soon after that i seem to remember

this is no joke. every engine i strip all the components, cases, crank, cylinder, the lot go in the dish washer, obviously without the remains of last nights curry, but on their own. just remenber to coat bearings with wd40 when they come out . it works a treat. give it a go, you will not be disapointed. :(

Wicked ..just come in from the garage to make sure "Eastenders" is turned OFF .. had a right laugh ..

Q. Will I be able to use the George Forman to Aneal the copper head gasket or must it go in the over at Gas Mark 3 for thirty minutes ?

Just thought of another one ...

Those wizzie vibrating toothbrushes would make great fin cleaners , especially right in between ... not suggesting you should nick the other

halfs or the kids but it has more than just one use !

Will check back later for another laugh ... Eastenders off , back to the garage to polish my piston lol

All best

Greg

Ps, ****ing typical just ordered a workshop manual from Dave @ Bultaco UK and now theres a ****ing Post Strike grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !

I used to dry my air filter in the tumble dryer after washing it. Then the ex-wife came and took the dryer away with her new chap, bet they couldn't guess where the vague smell of petrol in their washing was coming from.....Does work well though, but haven't tried it again, don't want another divorce.

my mate also used that castrol link life stuff for his chain once but when he was trying to carry the hot tin with the chain still in it back outside from the kitchen via the living room the chain took a slide to one side and that crappy wire handle that came with the tin gave up and the whole lot ended up on the cream living room carpet while his mum was sitting watching the telly. he ended up getting rid of the bike soon after that i seem to remember

Oh gawd. Duckhams chainguard. Why oh why did we have to put up with that stuff? Your mate wasn't the first to spill it on the floor.

Oh gawd. Duckhams chainguard. Why oh why did we have to put up with that stuff? Your mate wasn't the first to spill it on the floor.

Probably because at that age , if anyone told me any of the top flights used it ..then I rushed out o buy it ... anyone need some bright YELLOW fantic pants ? ...am sure a work rider whore them in the British lol

Love the dishwasher idea though ... must remember to allow for that in the kitchen re-fit ...but thats only if the engine rebuild does'nt sink all the money first !

Laters

Greg