Observing Is A Difficult Job

cubby

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In my opinion the observer is 100% correct. I have docked riders for doing that at Club, National and World level.

The rule book quite clearly states that if a rider benefits from any part of his body touching the ground etc...........

To put it into context you don

i hope they dont start observing like this in the indoor series :) there will be some very high scores :( if as stated on the report that it was allowed for the riders foot to come into contact with the ground as long as his foot was still on the footrest why was he given a 1 ? I hope all the other observers were scoring the same as Mr Colley, but i dout it very much very harse.

This type of decision really winds me up.

When riding abroad in WTC, Euro Champs etc, the Home riders always seem to get the benefit of the doubt from observers, and the Brits hardly ever get away with nowt!

So on the rare occasion when we come home to ride in an international event, the good old Brit observers mark our own even harsher!!!

Awesome :(

The observer marked that ride as he saw it and according to his own interpretation of the rules. Provided he is consistent and impartial that is fair. Enough people have been put off observing (at all levels of the sport) by riders and minders arguing. How many will be willing to do it if they face trial by video?

to me that would have been a clean, he dint tek his feet off the pegs! seen hell of alot of riders argueing about this subject but from my point of veiw if his feet are on the pegs then he is not touching the ground as such as all of the weight etc is on the bike in my opinion its not a dab, if he observed everyone the same though then at least hes consistant and not just doing it to certain people but i think there would be alot of these type of dabs at wtc level as i have seen many of videos and photos where the rider is like dougie

stop your wining, the observer has the last say!!and what he says goes....no good moaning about bad reffing decisions when at the end of the day we need the observers to have a sport!! the ones who are at fault are the ones that make the stupid indecisive rules in the first place. people stop moaning at marshals its not all their fault :(

stop your wining, the observer has the last say!!and what he says goes....no good moaning about bad reffing decisions when at the end of the day we need the observers to have a sport!! the ones who are at fault are the ones that make the stupid indecisive rules in the first place. people stop moaning at marshals its not all their fault :(

If it looks like **** and smells like ****, then its probably ****.......he got ripped off.........period

Edited by D. Sileo

The truth is the world round lad's can stop a bike sliding back and push the bike up on to the rock with their toe while the rest of the foot is on the peg.

The question has to be, what is a dab!! if one rider has to take his boot of the peg to do the same as a rider who can dab with his boot on the peg, because one fella has size seven feet and t'other bugger has canoes

"

The situation creates un-needed bad feeling and frustration all round. I gave up observing at the Manx Two-Day Trial way back in the 60s because I recorded the legenday Sammy Miller with a one at Arragon Beg, Santon, and I learned later, and without any consultation with myself, that he had successfully managed to have the score nulified.

LIONEL COWIN"

post-3364-1191518231.jpg

Edited by Ishy

He uses his feet 3 times to maneouvre the bike over the ledge so a one mark penalty was light. I know what it's like to have big feet that get in the way, it would have been easy enough in that instance whilst stationary, to have shuffled back on to his toes on the rests and then tried to rock the bike over without toes coming into contact - no cause for debate then. But I doubt the bike could have been rocked free, up and over without the use of the toes....

Before that however, when the bike first failed to get over the ledge it also rolled backwards - only a bit but backwards nonetheless following a failed attempt to clear a hazard - correct penalty, a 5.

Of course, in the good old days, a rider wolud have only been allowed one no-stop attempt at clearing the ledge and that attempt would have been an unquestionable sumped out, come to a resounding halt, failure - no debate required about whether it was a dab or not.