Prize Money

scorpa3

I was just wondering if any clubs/championships ever offer prize money? Does the British championship give out cash?

If I was to offer a sum to the winner of an event, how much would it need to attract a top entry, or is it a waste of money?

I was just wondering if any clubs/championships ever offer prize money? Does the British championship give out cash?

If I was to offer a sum to the winner of an event, how much would it need to attract a top entry, or is it a waste of money?

PRIZE MONEY IS SOMETIMES OFFERED INSTEAD OF TROPHIES

THIS YEAR A PRIVATE SPONSOR (DAVID LUNNEY) HAS PUT PRIZE MONEY UP FOR GRABS.

Grade A riders to give more support to the Ulster Trials Championship he was prepared to provide prizes of

The Sidcup club have given prize money for a trial which is a little different from the norm in the south east trials scene (sidcup 30 trial). all i can say is if there is no major national trial on that weekend there can be riders riding who are of a very good calibre which i may only see at the sidcup 30 event. I think the prize money ranges from

we ran a trial aimed at experts and youth a for while and had prize money for the experts, sourced by a resourcefull chap in the club getting sponsorship. in the end low entries, a really tight calander (on both our part and the trials world) and the loss of a key organsier meant we could no longer put on the event

You often find that rounds that contribute towards the Novogar clubman championship offer cash rewards. this is possibly due to the complications of actually getting the awards to the prize winners as they are usually from all over the country and no award presentation is organised after the event. its much easier to post a letter containing a cheque. the lakes 2 day offers

Im not sure about this prize money thing at the level of trial your talking about,if you enjoy riding trial's you'd win for nothing surely.

Keep the money and put it toward's some decent trophy's for the youth's class winner if you have one,there the one's you should be chucking sweet's to.

Edited by bilco

Im not sure about this prize money thing at the level of trial your talking about,if you enjoy riding trial's you'd win for nothing surely.

Keep the money and put it toward's some decent trophy's for the youth's class winner if you have one,there the one's you should be chucking sweet's to.

Couldn't agree more..... if there were some youths!

For years we ran four youth championships with trophies to the Top three in each class. Year by year the youth riders got older or stopped riding, in the final year that we did the youth championships, no youth A or B did more than one trial!

This year we just ran one trial specifically for the centre youths and only eight turned up and none on the A route. Everyone who rode commented how good the trial was but there just doesn't seem to be any youngsters in our catchment area.