Tyre Won't Sit On Rim

spud

Remove Vave, use Steve Saunders idea with the push bike tire, that works, be shure you have 100psi in your compressora( warm tire helps). and i have been using wd-40 for the last 20 years works great. spray all sealing surfaces even tire leavers to put tire on the rim. wear saftey glasses When tire is on the rim and ready to inflate spray the beads again and the sealing surface on the rim, now work fast shoot the air into the tire they can take 80 to 100 psi,When the bead of the tire seats you will hear two loud POP,S!!!!!!!!

Remove Vave, use Steve Saunders idea with the push bike tire, that works, be shure you have 100psi in your compressora( warm tire helps). and i have been using wd-40 for the last 20 years works great. spray all sealing surfaces even tire leavers to put tire on the rim. wear saftey glasses When tire is on the rim and ready to inflate spray the beads again and the sealing surface on the rim, now work fast shoot the air into the tire they can take 80 to 100 psi,When the bead of the tire seats you will hear two loud POP,S!!!!!!!!

Sorry but you're doing it an old way. Dabster is 100% right the tyre beader sold by Yommee, Sauders etc etc etc is the only way to go. A beader along with cheap & cheerful compresser will blow a tyre on with nominal effort everytime, you can do then with the valve in if you feel like it & it still works.

NO no swear at it til you are blue in the face and it works for me every time the night before a trial. Falling that i use a 16" bike tube and a foot pump with some washing up liquid and its a doddle. Also leave the tyre indoors to warm up and this helps in winter.

I remember an article on trials action which was as funny as f*#k to fitting a tyre, one method i remember was to part fill tyre with gun powder remove valve insert fuse and start bike up on a stand and let idle in third then light fuse to blow tyre onto rim. Failing that reverse truck onto wheel to mash rim onto trye.

Good luck.

Having a problem with fitting a new tyre Mich X11. The tyre is on the wheel but when i use the air line i can't get the tyre to sit on the rim of the wheel. The seating rim of the tyre are touching each other and well away from making the seal on the wheel rim. I've tried bouncing the wheel on the floor to push the tyre into place and even tried insultation tape to seal the tyre to the wheel but none of this is working - anyone got any ideas?
tyre beeders the way spuddy boy. Just soap it up and it just pops out with the rush of air. turn your air compresor on close outlet valve when it reaches 120 psi open..sudden rush of air pushes it straight onto rim. o and stevens do them beeders or inta their aboot 25 quid. but be careful not to knick it as it will tear. :D

Since Dabster is the "dude" for tires, I should send him some of the"Worlds Finest" Tire Mounting Lube!

I think i can get about a 4 oz sample in the small postal box, should be just about the correct size,------------ for PERCE! :D

How you know from aross the Atlantic that the type of mechanical ineptness i was refering to was perce's shows considerable insight copemech.

Whilst I am in possesion of Geography o level the intimate knowledge of the dales has escaped me, they all look beautiful to me, and very similar.

You're only allowed to post Swaledale views if you can actually name where the photo was taken. Can you?

Top of Kearton Lane, next to Hilltop Farrm. Where do I collect the prize?

Since Dabster is the "dude" for tires, I should send him some of the"Worlds Finest" Tire Mounting Lube!

I think i can get about a 4 oz sample in the small postal box, should be just about the correct size,------------ for PERCE! :D

How you know from aross the Atlantic that the type of mechanical ineptness i was refering to was perce's shows considerable insight copemech.

Whilst I am in possesion of Geography o level the intimate knowledge of the dales has escaped me, they all look beautiful to me, and very similar.

You're only allowed to post Swaledale views if you can actually name where the photo was taken. Can you?

Top of Kearton Lane, next to Hilltop Farrm. Where do I collect the prize?

You're barred, no insider trading.

Do you think the pot of gold is somewhere along Scaba Wath?

Edited by PERCE

I find it much easier to get the tire on the rim, then climb in truck take rim and tire to bike shop, couple bucks and bike shop owner saying a few choice words later, and I go home put whole thing back on bike.

Biggest problem is while the owner is seating the tire I spend time picking up a few essential items, oil, chain lube, boots, helmet, etc. etc...

:D

tyre beaders are the only way to go, however I remember my son taking his deformed X11 back to the supplier because of a flat spot. After a few runs up and down the paddock and a lot of ??? confused ??? onlookers the offending tyre lever was removed from inside the tyre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!