Tyre Won't Sit On Rim

spud

Having a problem with fitting a new tyre Mich X11. The tyre is on the wheel but when i use the air line i can't get the tyre to sit on the rim of the wheel. The seating rim of the tyre are touching each other and well away from making the seal on the wheel rim. I've tried bouncing the wheel on the floor to push the tyre into place and even tried insultation tape to seal the tyre to the wheel but none of this is working - anyone got any ideas?

When you buy your tyre stick some cardboard spacers inside to seperate the two lips leave them for at least a week, or you could put an inner tubee in and inflate it to spread the tyre.

As you now have the tyre on the rim. Place a ratchet type tie down in the centre of your tyre tread and ratchet down till the tyre sits on the rim both sides and inflatethen inflate with a compressor. Taking the strap off too soon will result in the tyre coming off the rim again. It won't go on immediately patience is required

When you buy your tyre stick some cardboard spacers inside to seperate the two lips leave them for at least a week, or you could put an inner tubee in and inflate it to spread the tyre.

As you now have the tyre on the rim. Place a ratchet type tie down in the centre of your tyre tread and ratchet down till the tyre sits on the rim both sides and inflatethen inflate with a compressor. Taking the strap off too soon will result in the tyre coming off the rim again. It won't go on immediately patience is required

Ditto above, a tyre beeder or a strap is it such a difficult choice?

I couldn't get the tyre to sit so i've re-fitted the old one for tomorrows trial. I kind of understand what you've all said about when discribing the inner tude and beeder but i'm not 100% sure how they work.If you have a picture or step by step guide it would be really helpful. If its of interest i've fitted quite a few tyres but this one seems to be a right 'B'.

Ditto above, a tyre beeder or a strap is it such a difficult choice?

Totally agree, beaders are best, you are the tyre fitting maestro Dabster, but if he hasn't a beader and the tyres on the rim the strap should work at a push.

Both yomee and steve saunders sell beaders Spud, and both are TC supporters. Yomee cones with instructions a beader takes up the space between the tyre and the rimstopping the air escaping and allowing the tyre to seat

Dabster you riding the Scott ?

Dabster you riding the Scott ?

:D;)

He's Wiggy's water boy for the day 'cept based on Dabsters total ineptness at reading a map, zero ability to recognise anywhere he's previously been or understanding basic directions given to him I very much doubt Wiggy will see him any time between 9:54:40 when he sets off & the 5 1/2 hours or so later when he rides up the finish field.

Since Dabster is the "dude" for tires, I should send him some of the"Worlds Finest" Tire Mounting Lube!

I think i can get about a 4 oz sample in the small postal box, should be just about the correct size,------------ for PERCE! :D

Edited by copemech

Since Dabster is the "dude" for tires, I should send him some of the"Worlds Finest" Tire Mounting Lube!

I think i can get about a 4 oz sample in the small postal box, should be just about the correct size,------------ for PERCE! :D

How you know from aross the Atlantic that the type of mechanical ineptness i was refering to was perce's shows considerable insight copemech.

Whilst I am in possesion of Geography o level the intimate knowledge of the dales has escaped me, they all look beautiful to me, and very similar.

post-7-1192344630.jpg

I'm sure a proper tyre beader is the best thing to use, I was just thinking that you can get a push bike inner tube from Halfords late on a Saturday afternoon or on a Sunday morning if you needed to get out tomorrow. :D

Absolutely.

This is why I am such an advocator of beeders and cannot understand why everyone doesn't have one in their toolbox along with a cable oiler and the like. (good topic this?)

I spent hours on hours one saturday trying to seat a michelin using straps tubes and inflatable things, then went out and ordered a beeder from spain for

Edited by Nigel Dabster

How you know from aross the Atlantic that the type of mechanical ineptness i was refering to was perce's shows considerable insight copemech.

Whilst I am in possesion of Geography o level the intimate knowledge of the dales has escaped me, they all look beautiful to me, and very similar.

You're only allowed to post Swaledale views if you can actually name where the photo was taken. Can you?