Montesa V Gas Gas

wonder boy

Gavin: I have owned a '93 Gas Gas 250, 1991 Beta Zero, 1995 Beta Techno, 2000 Beta Rev 3 and a 2001 Montesa, within the last 10 years. I keep my bikes way too long, until they become grossly outdated. I have field tested these bikes in many trials events and general riding etc. I have found any of them can be reliable and effective machines given proper maintenance and care. I think the Gasser requires more frequent parts replacement and general attention to keep it in top fettle. A pro would be higher maintenance than a Montesa. As far as your question it would be a forty page essay which nobody wants to read. I suspect you are a bit hard on your bikes, maybe not the best mechanic and not wealthy. If these are all correct assumptions, you should get another Montesa. Probably a nice low mile two stroke similar to the one you've got now would be your best choice. It's only my opinion, since you asked for it right?

hi guys,

i would say that the Montesa is a bombproof bike, very reliable and loads of power, the gas gas is a really light bike with plenty power on all models, the gas gas however requires more maintenance, if u r a mechanic/know what u r doin with bikes then the gas gas is a really good bike to have but if not the i would reccomend the Montesa, i am planning a 2004 Montesa in about a Months time..

cheers

chris

I think that the new Montesa 4-stroke can be an good bike, and as i can see the other Montesa bikes is very solid..

And if you look at the Gas Gas you would see that its not so solid as the Montesa,

if you look at the photo you see what i mean.. :hyper:

post-9-1088514871.jpg

I think bike choice is down to personal prefrence and riding style.

Both are exellent bikes, and anyone that says otherwise it is only because problems they or a friend has had with the bike...eg. the frame snapping on the gasser...bad news travels faster then good, right?

I currently own a montesa, never had a problem with it, and my next bike will definatly be another montesa. Its not that I wouldn't choose a gas gas, I'd hopefully own one in the future.

Neither of the bikes are bad, although GasGas has a repretation of being bad bikes...why? Any current gas gas owner will tell you they are exellent bikes...likewise with any brand. Although it seems the ex-gas gas owners tell of the horrors they had with theirs.

GasGas cannot be bad at all...ok, there are problems...everything has there problems. But so many riders own GasGas bikes, take a glimpse at the SSDT riding numbers list and look at the bike column...that many riders cannot be wrong!!

3 people I know ride gas gas bikes...all 2004 models

they have had new gas gas bikes every year for the past few years

before that they have had various other bikes ...their comment on gas gas is.....gas gas are much easier to ride and do trick riding with because they are light ,but with that comes the expense of regularly buying new parts... if you wanted to keep a bike for more than a year or so ,the mont is the best because it is stronger,with a bullet proof engine.

regards

N