Chains

ronoc88

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is only one make in my opinion if you dont want to have a huge off by having a snapped chain and thats RENTHAL !

The Renthal R1 chain is a little larger in size when you compare the links but the quality is there.

Edited by Beta Bodger

I got about 50 trials out of my original Sherco chain and only 6 easy route trials out of an Iris chain before it snapped. It was a blessing it didn't damage the crank cases. I was having to adjust it half way through each trial. The suppliers via my local dealer took it back to check it though never bothered to tell us what the problem was. I will never buy another Iris chain.

I have a Regina chain fitted and it seems to be wearing well.

Whatever chain you decide on get a spare plit link from the same manufacturer. Believe it or not not all 520 chains are the same. The 520 is the pitch between the pins. Some chains differ in the width of the link and the diameter of the pin. Some split links will fit other chains but do check. You don't want to find out on the moors in winter that you're spare split link doesn't fit!

Scragg

So looks like they're based in Spain and have links (no pun intended) in the form of sponsorship or supply with Honda/Montesa, GasGas, Beta and Scorpa (oh and Clipic).

IRIS Website

Just the Sherco on summat else then? Dunno what Sherco come with but the original chain on my bike was VERY long lasting.

Just watch - it'll turn out that Sherco fit IRIS too, and any theories will be blown out of the water :rolleyes:

Edited by bikespace

I've posted this before:-

I had an Iris chain...once!...it snapped and whipped my boot,sawed my flywheel-cover and clutch slave-cylinder.

The most painful,expensive chain I've ever had (if you catch my drift) :rolleyes:

The factory uses the Regina chain, they do seem to hold up well.

So it looks like (from their web site) the chain would have to be the 135 EXBL - 520

And they seem to have a UK subsidiary here:

Regina International U.K.

Unit 1, Dyneley Road

Greenbank Business Park

Whitebirk, Blackburn,

Lancs BB1 3AB

+44 1254 661116

+44 1254 59456

user@regina-int.fsnet.co.uk

Maybe I should check out the details/price etc.

I've never noticed these through dealers, but I realise that they could be common place, I just tend to use the same place. Anybody used them/bought them/got experience of them?

motomerlin sells regina chains from either the web site or the ebay shop, about 20 quid for 102 links ,does longer chain if you need it

very good service and fast delivery . ive used regina in the past and it lasted well. but i will keep to renthal just for piece of mind.