Tyres

hovis

If you actually read the book of rules that the ACU sends its members every year, you will realise that the one real control in the sport is the tyres.

The block size shape and spacing is defined in the trials regulations.

Almost all of the other requirements applied to the equipment you use pertain to safety - guarding etc.

It is perfectly possible to fit different tyres to give better grip in certain conditions, but it breaks the rules and is effectively cheating.

I believe that certain enduro events require the use of trials tyres rather than the more aggressive enduro / motocross tyres to reduce land damage.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I beleive knobbys have no where near the flexability of our trials tires, Which helps to keep them cleaner in sticky mud , and knobbys

$uck on anything remotely hardpacked or solid !!!! And they are against all the rules... But some of the new dualsport tires might work well... :thumbup:

Glenn

Excellent advice, 'cept if someone takes exception to what you've done you'll be disqualified from the trial and referred to your local ACU board.

They should then suspend/ban you from riding :lol: and circulate your name & penalty to all clubs in your centre.

Best thing to do is forget it and practice more :thumbup:

has anyone every tried a moto-x tyre on a trials bike?

as the nobbles on a trials tyre are so close together, when its muddy, they are just like a slick, where as moto-x tyres have bigger nobbles, and they are futher apart, so they tend not to get caked with mud as much.........

they are also

Excellent advice, 'cept if someone takes exception to what you've done you'll be disqualified from the trial and referred to your local ACU board.

They should then suspend/ban you from riding :huh: and circulate your name & penalty to all clubs in your centre.

Best thing to do is forget it and practice more :D

they cant ban me

I put a IRC trials ytyre on my WR450 and it was rubbish, I rode about 20 miles and the tread blocks started to tear off and the bike was so unstable at speed on hard ground it felt like I was about to crash constantly. I wouldnt fit another even if it was free.

I put a IRC trials ytyre on my WR450 and it was rubbish, I rode about 20 miles and the tread blocks started to tear off and the bike was so unstable at speed on hard ground it felt like I was about to crash constantly. I wouldnt fit another even if it was free.

What psi were you running?

The MT-43 is 100 times better then the others for enduro type riding.

If you actually read the book of rules that the ACU sends its members every year, you will realise that the one real control in the sport is the tyres.

The block size shape and spacing is defined in the trials regulations.

Funny we should mention trials tyre regs and IRC tyres.

Is it an urban myth or are those people using an IRC rear breaking the ACU ruling on 1:1 aspect ratio for the sidewall???You sinners!!

I'll resort to anything to move up the results sheet. :thumbup:

About 15psi, what do you run?

15psi will tear the tyre too shreads, I run between 5 and 8psi with the MT-43.

Give the MT-43 a go, it does not squerm at all as the sides walls are much stiffer then most trials tyre and it is a much harder compond.

Don't be scared to run low pressures with it, I'm around 135kgs fully kitted up and have never had a flat using one.

Edited by Shrek

15psi will tear the tyre too shreads, I run between 5 and 8psi with the MT-43.

Give the MT-43 a go, it does not squerm at all as the sides walls are much stiffer then most trials tyre and it is a much harder compond.

Don't be scared to run low pressures with it, I'm around 135kgs fully kitted up and have never had a flat using one.

The only reason I used a IRC was i have a few "part worn" ones off my beta laying around which were no good for trials but still about 90% of the tread left so i tested one out. I wont be paying