Ufo's

andy.t

It would appear that more people have seen Unidentified "things" than is commonly known, and reading through the thread they all have a similarity of stationary-phenominal speed, the fact that they do not show on radar does not come as a surprize considering "our" current developments in stealth technology and our limited knowledge of space travel.

Giving the thread a little trials flavour does that "thing" actually exist in the Loch? or is it a "spoof" put about by the Scottish Tourism Board to support the non-existant national sport? and create massive over subscription to the SSDT?

Perhaps the learned member for Inverness can gives us an insight on "the other Unidentified 'king Object" and why we are sacrificing precious Tiger Cubs to the loch so that others may get in?

Edited by tony283

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would appear that more people have seen Unidentified "things" than is commonly known, and reading through the thread they all have a similarity of stationary-phenominal speed, the fact that they do not show on radar does not come as a surprize considering "our" current developments in stealth technology and our limited knowledge of space travel.

Giving the thread a little trials flavour does that "thing" actually exist in the Loch? or is it a "spoof" put about by the Scottish Tourism Board to support the non-existant national sport? and create massive over subscription to the SSDT?

Perhaps the learned member for Inverness can gives us an insight on "the other Unidentified 'king Object" and why we are sacrificing precious Tiger Cubs to the loch so that others may get in?

My pleasure Tony.

WITHOUT PREJUDICE...

Yes it is strange how sightings of Nessie increase when the local Tourist Trade takes a bit of a knock! Call me suspicious!

With regard to the Tiger Cub question, it would appear that everyone and their Uncle over the years have discovered the delights of the little 199cc Triumph Tiger Cub as being most useful to ride in the Pre65 trials arena. However, these little 199cc bikes are now being force fed steroids, taking their capacity ever higher to say 280cc! (a staggering 40% increase in displacement!)

Also to ride Scotland there is a mistaken belief that you must have as modern a bike as possible to make a good job of it. Sure there is some merit in that, however, the crowds at the Pre65 now seriously outnumber those watching the SSDT..fact!

People take the weekend off to see the Pre65 and maybe take in Monday at the SSDT as it is still a bank holiday (May-Day, what have you)

No-one really wants to see a procession of Cubs and B40's, they like a good mixture: AJS/Matchless; Royal Enfield; Ariel; BSA; Norton etc etc and the bigger the bike the better.

Sure, Cubs were ridden in the SSDT from 1954 on with Jimmy Alves campaigning a modified Terrier at 150cc for the factory.

I also admit to owning a Cub, not any more, my eldest now owns that bike and loves the thing to bits, he does however want to ride a "big bike" in Scotland (and is constantly nagging me mercilessly to let him), it's the cost that precludes me from lending him an AJS or Matchless at the moment (cost being insurance for the public highway!)

Tony, bring that bonnie Royal Enfield over (the one you imported from Scotland!) and ride it next year or we can maybe arrange something over here for you, not a Cub mate.

Besides you personally are part of SSDT history, how many times did you win the Services Award???

Big John

(Please note the standard disclaimer: These are my personal thoughts which are in no way connected to or representative of those of the organising committee of the Edinburgh & District Motor Club Ltd., it's Directors, employees, officials or servants!)

The brain is wrapped round the waist, how else would it get this big..... :angry:

Been studying all this stuff since I was a kid, Physics, Maths you want to see some of the books I have at home, of all the really bright guys think Carl Sagan is my favourite, had to move one of his books out to get your's in :angry:

Sagan is my fav as well, they have re- run his series over here recently. What a pleasure to see it again! No other voice quite like that one, and the graphics were/ and still are SOO good! :rolleyes:

Copemech,

That about sums it up. 30 years in the RAF, a few years teaching in Saudi, 8 SSDT's a couple of ISDT's and now year 4 years on the AHRMA circuit.

The "Blog" will reveal all from 1963 to today!

Tony

Edited by tony283

Big John,

The idea of another trundle round them' Highlands sounds most appealing! The organisers might think the RE in it's present form is a UFO ? See "Reshaping a Bullet" on my web or for the lastest add ons "Thoughts for 2008"

I don't think they would like the Mikuni.... but I do.

Back to Unidentified 'ing Objects, where are all these James things coming from? I see there are SIXTEEN entered, I didn't know James sold 16 bikes, perhaps you are dredging them out of the Loch as you dump the Tiger Cubs.

James, Fanny B, Cotton and that Dot thing I thought had all been pushed in there when Bultaco, Montesa and Ossa arrived on the scene?

RA Castle 1970,71,72

John Bull 1970,71,72,76,77,78 we would have had 75 until Ted broke his forearm on Friday on the Mamore Road

Tony

Tony,

Change it over from Mikuni to an Amal MK1 that is new and well set up and Bob's your Uncle!

Fair pedigree, you're over 60 now, former SSDT rider, how can they refuse? Only problem is... your running a Yank licence! That's OK for SSDT as it is an International event, Pre65 is not it's run under an SACU permit. Return to England or Europe as that is EEU country!!!

Edited to add: It's all to do with the repatriation insurance of the FIM.

Big John

Edited by Big John

Big John,

I still have a valid British Passport and my British Driver's Licence valid until 06 08 2016 and I presume I don't need a licence to buy an AMAL? or do I need a permit for one of those?

Do I need to renew my FIM Licence?

Tony

I just cannot believe this Tony guy, I took a look at the blog, he's nuts! Bikes in the house and all that crap piled up everywhere!

Old stuff that nobody wants! Shiny ****e! Bolloks! All that trash should be outside, just like these elevators off the B-25 im building!

Well, ok ! Maybe he's not totally nuts! Did you spot the UFO's in the hangar? Yea, I think those are original bedsheets from the '70's hanging up there to cover the parts racks !

I'll never show the garage! :rolleyes:

Edited by copemech

Message from "Big John" to Trials Central "Lurkers"! i.e. those that are not members of this site and who obviously browse this website...

Please read carefully my "disclaimer" on this thread!

My expressions of interest and comments on motorcycle sport on this or any other website are my personal observations and thoughts and are not necessarily those of the SACU or any other organisation I am a member of or a director of.... :o

Kind regards, :shutup:

Big John