Ufo's

andy.t

Back in 81/82 not sure if I did see a UFO,it was just a bright light in the sky that I thought was a star a first but as I was observing it two smaller lights slowly drifted down and away from the main light one to the left and one to the right in an arc form,wondering what it was as I looked at the three objects the two smaller lights then rejoined the main light and remained there as one.I went in to tell the wife who wasnt interested but when I eventually went back out to recheck it was gone.I dont live far from what happend HERE

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naturally Dabster's going to provide a list of references to respected journals backing up his statement. Actually you won't find a mention, whether for or against, the existance of UFO simply because discussing them in respected journals would mark the end of a scientists career.

Whatever they are, extraterrestial, natural phenomena or whatever they are real and out there see: UFO Sightings

Edited by TooFastTim

Naturally Dabster's going to provide a list of references to respected journals backing up his statement.

Of course Dabster's going to deny it. He doesn't want anyone to know how he REALLY arrived on this planet :rolleyes:

Anyone out there an expert on quantum physics and einstein's theory of relativity

Bzzzt! The two theories are incompatible. String theory is an attempt to reconcile them. However string theory leads to some other really interesting effects. Like parallel universes.

Edited by TooFastTim

'You might say that; I couldn't possibly comment'

Dunno, such matters verge on the philosophical. A famous scientist (JBS Haldane) once said "The universe isn't stranger than man thinks, it's stranger than man CAN think.". However said universes should apparently be completely incommunicado from this one.

TooFastTim,thats interesting

"The universe isn't stranger than man thinks, it's stranger than man CAN think.".
the guy obviously didnt know me at the time.

And as for you Dabster I can prove UFO,s exist next time I have a curry and some beers then a **** you come round and look down my pan coz there are things down there that I dint eat

I was brought up in a part of Scotland, not very far away from what is now referred to as the "Falkirk Triangle" a place that has had probably more UFO sightings than any other part of Britain. I used to think it was poppy cock until the late 1970's when a forestry worker was apparently abducted by alien forces, again I thought it was someone trying to get his fifteen minutes of fame. Having said that very few photos of the guy appeared in the local papers at the time and he was hopitalised. The incident happened near Dechmont, West Lothian near to Livingston. Local contacts of mine claimed he was a very sensible guy and not one to make up a story for publicity.

I found this opiece on it when I did a search, guys name was Robert Taylor!

http://ufos.about.com/od/aliensalienabduct...979dechmont.htm

Having said that I was sitting with my wife one evening about ten years ago, quite sober (hadn't touched a drop for months) so it wasn't whisky related. I glanced out the window, we were watching the telly about 10.00 pm and there was a light in the sky hovering over the city. This light was motionless and I thought it was a helicopter coming in towards Raigmore Hospital as the RAF fly patients brought in from the hills, traffic accidents etc, quite regularly.

The light stayed motionless for about 30 seconds, then it took off as fast as any fighter aircraft I have ever seen, this thing must have been doing Mach 6! From a standing start. Wife says, "what was that, a helicopter or a shooting star?" "Neither" I said "it was definately something propelled, I think we have just sen a UFO!"

Next day in the local paper, about fifty or so folks had reported sightings including a police patrol. To this day nobody has been able to tell us what the heck it was.

I used to think this UFO malarky was just a load of crap...hmmmmm, not any more!

Big John

(don't know what they are!)

Edited to add link!

Edited by Big John

I glanced out the window, we were watching the telly about 10.00 pm

Who's says we all dig deep and chip in with contributions so that Big John can buy Wee Jean some curtains? The bugger's obviously too tight to buy them himself :rolleyes:

Hey John: Kippilaw?

Edited by TooFastTim

Nice one Big John,thats interesting because a friend of mine who was in the Military and is now a manager of a shopping centre in Colchester Essex said that he had observed a bright light in the sky that was stationary then shot off at speed that would not normally be associated with every day aircraft

Who's says we all dig deep and chip in with contributions so that Big John can buy Wee Jean some curtains. The bugger's obviously too tight to buy them himself :rolleyes:

Hey John: Kippilaw?

Curtains - poppy cock, bah humbug!

Kippilaw, yes indeed, old family homes of my parents, one in Bathgate the other in Whitburn WL, Scotland. If you want any more PM me. I was living there when this Robert Taylor thing happened. You are a detective aren't you?

Big John