What Your View On Doug?

sectiononecleaner

i dont think i've ever seen him compete, but i did watch him practicing years ago at the Flappit with his dad, he was simply awsome. he used to deliver papers on a c90 i think from his das shop, i think i saw his dad on a ty once doing the same. for me his record is astonishing and as long as he wants and somebody wants to pay him for doing it he should ride. is suspect like many of us he thinks he's still the best in the land . so carry on lad enjoy it. you know best what suits you.

so not to be called out ..thinking about it i did see him at the Scott a couple of years ago he even asked my advice on which way in the section (i was the only person there other than the observer.. he wont remeber it but it made my day..)

Edited by totalshell

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how anyone can sit here and slag doug off he's the greatest rider the world has ever seen! How many of us would be in the sport if it wasn't for a certain mr Lampkin? Personally i don't think the likes of dibs brownie and co will ever get near winning the wtc cos the support just isn't there, unlike the spanish etc who pile a lot more into the sport. If they got the funding from the lottery etc maybe but they're too busy giving sports we're crap at an always will be instead of investing in something we're good at.

If they got the funding from the lottery etc maybe but they're too busy giving sports we're crap at an always will be instead of investing in something we're good at.

That's the irony as with 12 world titles, there can't be many, if any, British sportsmen who have done better in any sport.